Windows 10: Printer status monitor not being run at startup

Discus and support Printer status monitor not being run at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two Epson printers. Both normally have icons in the notifications area of the taskbar. After a reboot, I normally see the two printer icons, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perkinw, Nov 16, 2020.

1. perkinw Win User

Printer status monitor not being run at startup

I have two Epson printers. Both normally have icons in the notifications area of the taskbar. After a reboot, I normally see the two printer icons, but occasionally (maybe once ever two months), both icons are missing. When I check the Startup tab of Task Manger, I can see that the Epson Status Monitor is not running. I can get it to run by (1) turning on the printer (2) accessing the Printing Preferences from "Printers and Scanners" and checking a box that says "Register the shortcut icon to the taskbar." I have to do this for each printer. Then the icons are restored.

My question: What causes this, and how do I avoid it?

Windows Version 10.0.18362.1171

:)

perkinw, Nov 16, 2020

2. Status Monitor for an Epson NX127 printer

• Right-click the
      Printer status monitor not being run at startup drv_taskbaricon_6_er.gif
      printer icon in the task bar (bottom-right corner of your screen), and select
      Printer Settings.
    • Click the Maintenance tab, then Speed & Progress.
    • Check Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3 to enable it.
    • Click Monitoring Preferences for more settings.
    • When you're done, click OK.
    Epson Stylus NX127 | Epson Stylus Series | All-In-Ones | Printers | Support | Epson US

Smittychat., Nov 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    printer status

Hi Dick,

You may modify the settings to change the printer status. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    to change printer status from offline to online.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Printer status monitor not being run at startup

Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Hi Snipe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model number of your printer?
    3. When exactly do you face this issue?

I suggest you to first Set The Printer As Default and then refer
    Change the printer's status to "online" and change the default status to
    online.

This way, the printer will be default and the status will be always Online.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Printer status monitor not being run at startup

1. Printer status monitor not being run at startup - Similar Threads - Printer status monitor

2. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Status: I have a dual monitor setup, one being the AOC C27G2Z that refuses to show a display. The screen remains black, but programs do run underneath the black screen. I have restarted multiple times, connected to a different computer, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?...
  3. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Status: I have a dual monitor setup, one being the AOC C27G2Z that refuses to show a display. The screen remains black, but programs do run underneath the black screen. I have restarted multiple times, connected to a different computer, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?...
  4. Monitor Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status: Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered-up status. I keep a number of programs weather, diary, Outlook, etc. that only get cursory usage during the day on the #2 monitor. The main monitor #1 I like to keep my main programs Word, Excel,...
  6. Printer status monitor not being run at startup

Printer status monitor not being run at startup: I have two Epson printers. Both normally have icons in the notifications area of the taskbar. After a reboot, I normally see the two printer icons, but occasionally (maybe once ever two months), both icons are missing. When I check the Startup tab of Task Manger, I can see...
  7. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  8. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  9. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  10. Printer Status

Printer Status: How do I fix the following: Printer Status: Default, Attention Required This error message is from W10 Home system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-status/7b6aa3aa-dfa5-4d3b-a799-cbdeb6327434