Windows 10: Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

Discus and support Printer status ONLINE but will not print. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CC578, Jan 7, 2020.

1. CC578 Win User

Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed printer.

Still, every time I try to print a test page or anything, I get an information notice telling me my printer is ONLINE!

This is driving me crazy. HELP?!

:)

CC578, Jan 7, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Printer status ONLINE but will not print. - Similar Threads - Printer status ONLINE

2. my printer status says: attention required. Nothing will print, printer is online and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer status says: attention required. Nothing will print, printer is online and...: my printer status says: attention required. Nothing will print, printer is online and working. How do I clear this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-status-says-attention-required-nothing/98683da5-9684-41db-9ea1-b17d832b40f6
  3. Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints

Printer Shows "Not Connected" Status but Prints: I have three computers (two running 1909 and one running 2004) that print to a network-attached (wired) HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus. The web interface for the printer shows a "Ready" status and the computers are able to print. However, when I navigate to Settings | Devices |...
  4. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  5. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?: My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone. My question is how do I change the status to online? Thank you...
  6. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  7. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  8. I need to change the status of my printer to online

I need to change the status of my printer to online: How do I change the status of my printer from offline to online? We had a new BT modem installed yesterday and the printer was working afterwards, but it's not working today. I've searched the Community and have found loads of threads with no answer so I'm hoping that I'll...
  9. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.: Printer defaults to "OFFLINE" I want default to be ONLINE ??? ***Changed Original Title From: Windows 10 printer*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-onlineoffline-status/5a089008-6ae7-4f18-9d45-66b2a6fe98d9
  10. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...