Windows 10: printer status

Discus and support printer status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andrewtaylor windows 10, Apr 7, 2020.

1. printer status

windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline".

USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please.

:)

andrewtaylor windows 10, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

printer status

Hi Dick,

You may modify the settings to change the printer status. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    to change printer status from offline to online.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Hi Snipe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model number of your printer?
    3. When exactly do you face this issue?

I suggest you to first Set The Printer As Default and then refer
    Change the printer's status to "online" and change the default status to
    online.

This way, the printer will be default and the status will be always Online.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 7, 2020
  4. printer status

Wireless network printer shows "Ready" status in print applications but the printer is turned off

Hi Gary,

What is happening now between your PC and printer is a communication issue. Based on what you've stated, you already updated the printer driver, yet the same thing is happening. So, if that the case, then it could be that it wasn't updated correctly. So,
    in order correct this issue on both of your devices, we suggest that you reconfigure the printer setup. Follow these steps:

• If your printer is connected through USB cord, disconnect it from both ends.
    • Go to Settings, select Devices, then click
      Devices and printers
      under Related settings.
    • Remove the printer from the Devices and printers.
    • Next, go to Control Panel, click Uninstall a program, then uninstall the printer driver.
    • After that, restart your computer.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Follow the printer setup on the installation process. You can select Wireless or USB connection, and after that connect your printer to your PC.
    • Restart your PC after the printer setup.
    • Lastly, check the printer status.

If it's the same after performing the recommended steps, then we suggest that you contact the printer manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if this rectifies the issue your printer.

Marque Lor, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

printer status

1. printer status - Similar Threads - printer status

2. Canon TM305 Printer - status : Not found: Failed to acquire printer information.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon TM305 Printer - status : Not found: Failed to acquire printer information.: Dear Team,i Have a Plotter Printer Canon TM305 . I am able to install all softwares of printer and printer is correctly discovered in Network. only problem having is in canon Device management Console i cannot go further its gives status Not Found : Failed to acquire Printer...
  3. Canon TM305 Printer - status : Not found: Failed to acquire printer information.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon TM305 Printer - status : Not found: Failed to acquire printer information.: Dear Team,i Have a Plotter Printer Canon TM305 . I am able to install all softwares of printer and printer is correctly discovered in Network. only problem having is in canon Device management Console i cannot go further its gives status Not Found : Failed to acquire Printer...
  4. Canon TM305 Printer - status : Not found: Failed to acquire printer information.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...: Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided and can't locate the reason anywhere. Printer is an HP Envy 7640 series. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1....
  6. Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...

Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...: Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided and can't locate the reason anywhere. Printer is an HP Envy 7640 series. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1....
  7. hp printer status is given as Default, Error. How Do I Fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp printer status is given as Default, Error. How Do I Fix?: I've already replaced the color cartridge which allowed a test page to print. However, everytime I send any doc to printer, the printer status changes to default, error. Any ideas?Thank You....
  8. hp printer status is given as Default, Error. How Do I Fix?

hp printer status is given as Default, Error. How Do I Fix?: I've already replaced the color cartridge which allowed a test page to print. However, everytime I send any doc to printer, the printer status changes to default, error. Any ideas?Thank You....
  9. hp printer status is given as Default, Error. How Do I Fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Printer status Idle but the scanner settings is open. Will not print only goes to “how to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer status Idle but the scanner settings is open. Will not print only goes to “how to...: How to get “Printer status Idle” even though scanner is “open” and when trying to print it goes to “how to save PDF”. ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status-idle-but-the-scanner-settings-is/46c35eb1-d966-4663-943a-ab0aff991f4f