Windows 10: Printer stopped printing after Windows update

Discus and support Printer stopped printing after Windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think this issue occurred after April Windows 10 update. Whatever button I click, the printer won’t print but the laptop goes back to start up menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrudeNedrebø, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Printer stopped printing after Windows update

I think this issue occurred after April Windows 10 update. Whatever button I click, the printer won’t print but the laptop goes back to start up menu. I don’t receive any error code but Google Chrome shuts down. However this issue connected to Chrome, I think because when I use other browsers print buttons work.

:)

TrudeNedrebø, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Printer stopped printing after Windows update

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Printer stopped printing after Windows update

1. Printer stopped printing after Windows update - Similar Threads - Printer stopped printing

2. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?: I have two printers connected to my PC. HP 3520 I use to scan and a Canon Pixma ix6850. For a long time I have managed to avoid loosing my printer connection after the very annoying Windows updates, by simply reverting to a previous version of Windows 10, as I guessed my...
  3. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?: I have two printers connected to my PC. HP 3520 I use to scan and a Canon Pixma ix6850. For a long time I have managed to avoid loosing my printer connection after the very annoying Windows updates, by simply reverting to a previous version of Windows 10, as I guessed my...
  4. Printers unavailable drivers and print spooler stopped after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update

MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after Windows update: My MFC-5890CN Brother printer stops printing after update in March 2021. This has happened before. You will think Microsoft guys would have taken this onboard. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  6. My printer stopped printing.

My printer stopped printing.: Tried to turn off, unplug, waited 30 seconds and restarted Windows. Didn't help. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-stopped-printing/8b674e2b-aa29-43e0-9451-45a53ba7176e
  7. Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update

Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update: Brother MFC 290C printer stopped printing after Windows 10 Update. This is soooo frustrating. Removed and reinstalled all Brother files TWICE already with no fix. Ran all kinds of troubleshooting programs which did not find anything wrong. Updated drivers. Checked cables....
  8. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  9. Printer will not print after the Windows 10 Update

Printer will not print after the Windows 10 Update: My printer was working fine until the Microsoft update was downloaded. After, I send a document to the printer it returns an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-after-the-windows-10-update/030f0e4a-b26e-4d97-bf69-d34918fbdaf4
  10. Printer stopped printing

Printer stopped printing: I printed two pieces of clipart, from a website. I later tried to print a document from MS Word. It will not print. It shows in the printer que. I have tried rebooting the laptop the printer is attached to. I have tried unplugging the printer. I am using a Samsung laptop...