Windows 10: printer stopped working after win 10 updates

Discus and support printer stopped working after win 10 updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brother MFC-885CW stopped printing after Win 10 updates. The scanning function still works through scan app on PC, and the PC recognizes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by as.helpme, Jun 20, 2020.

1. as.helpme Win User

printer stopped working after win 10 updates

Brother MFC-885CW stopped printing after Win 10 updates.

The scanning function still works through scan app on PC, and the PC recognizes the printer but when selecting to print it states it is printing but it is not and sometimes the browser window will abruptly close after selecting PRINT.

:)

as.helpme, Jun 20, 2020

2. Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Jun 20, 2020
  3. SAW-23 Win User
    All Printers Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update

All Printer Drivers Became Inaccessible or Stopped Working after a Windows Update:

OS Edition WIN 10 Home; Version 1803; Build 17134.48; Installed 05/12/18

Since last Windows 10 update on 5/12 all my printers stopped working.

When I try to print from an application a full list of printers appears. Some printers (e.g. Microsoft Print to PDF) is greyed out and cannot be selected, others can be selected but none works.

Settings/ Printer Scanners Does not show any printer. When I tried Add a printer, no printer was detected including my USB connected HP Printer.

Device manager shows no printers.

There is no place to select any printer and update driver.

All the missing printer drivers are listed in the Setting///Print Server Properties/Drivers

Printer troubleshooter detects all the printers but all it does is to allow me to make any printer my default. Still nothing works.

I tried all the Microsoft published fixes that I found. Nothing works.

I reinstalled my HP printer using HP app. It is now showing on tools/printers and on Device Manager.

I tried to manually install Microsoft Print to PDF. It is not listed in the printer driver list for Microsoft.

HELP is greatly appreciated.

SAW-23, Jun 20, 2020
  4. printer stopped working after win 10 updates

Can not get printer working in win 10. Suddenly stop working because of stopped printer spooler

Can not get printer working in win 10. Suddenly stop working because of stopped printer spooler

RalphBrooks, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

printer stopped working after win 10 updates

1. printer stopped working after win 10 updates - Similar Threads - printer stopped working

2. Microsoft whiteboard stopped working after update on win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft whiteboard stopped working after update on win 10.: I am posting this on the update as this issue happened after update and also there is no Microsoft whiteboard on the help Currently I am using win 10. I am a teacher an I use Microsoft whiteboard daily. After update Microsoft whiteboard stopped working on my school and home...
  3. Microsoft whiteboard stopped working after update on win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft whiteboard stopped working after update on win 10.: I am posting this on the update as this issue happened after update and also there is no Microsoft whiteboard on the help Currently I am using win 10. I am a teacher an I use Microsoft whiteboard daily. After update Microsoft whiteboard stopped working on my school and home...
  4. Microsoft whiteboard stopped working after update on win 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. printer stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  6. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  7. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909: My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I attempted to troubleshoot, and tested printing from my laptop,...
  8. Win 10 updates stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 updates stopped working: Hi, A couple of months back, my updates stopped working. This is the error I get: Code: Some update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download the update again later.Error code: (0x80073712)[/quote] I'm not really sure where to go. I did try clearing out the...
  9. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  10. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update: Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems...