Windows 10: Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

Discus and support Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeff Donley, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I attempted to troubleshoot, and tested printing from my laptop, which was successful. I then noticed that my laptop had received updates and was waiting for a reboot to apply the updates. I rebooted, and now my laptop does not print either.

I saw that the update had an issue with USB connected printing, but both of our computers are printing via TCP/IP port. I've pinged the printer from my laptop, and it answers.

Any additional known issues related to printing?

Thanks,

Jeff Donley

:)

Jeff Donley, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved

My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update in October 2019. Unfortunately I was not able to remove the specific KB update which created the issue because it was not listed anymore after the version update...

I just installed the last 1909 release hoping that the printer issue would have been fixed but still nothing works.

I have fixed printer spooler but not even Microsoft Print to PDF works...

Any suggestion?

Ivan Franzoni, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

Printer has stopped working

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the printer stops working suddenly. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What happens when you try to print?
    2. Do you receive any error code/message when you try to print?
    3. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    4. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    5. What is the make and model of the printer?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

To know the recent updates installed on the PC, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Update.
    2. Now click on View update history.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer the article
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

1. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909 - Similar Threads - Printer stopped working

2. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  3. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  4. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. printer stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  6. Outlook stopped working after 1909 update

Outlook stopped working after 1909 update: My Outlook stopped working after a 1909 update today, 7.15.2020. It does start in safe mode. I tried Outlook Repair and Office repair - both local and on-line and restarted the computer multiple times. I want my Outlook back, Mr. Microsoft! I am paying for it and expect...
  7. printer stopped working after win 10 updates

printer stopped working after win 10 updates: Brother MFC-885CW stopped printing after Win 10 updates. The scanning function still works through scan app on PC, and the PC recognizes the printer but when selecting to print it states it is printing but it is not and sometimes the browser window will abruptly close...
  8. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  9. USB ports stop working after Win 10 1909 update

USB ports stop working after Win 10 1909 update: I have a friend with a fairly old Packard Bell oneTwo M3700 all-in-one machine which had been running Win 10 Home 64 bit 1809 quite happily for many months. Without warning in its wisdom the machine decided to install 1909 - all appeared to go fine with no errors reported and...
  10. The printer HP P2014 stopped working after 1909 update Windows 10 PRO.

The printer HP P2014 stopped working after 1909 update Windows 10 PRO.: The printer is not detected by the system. Device USB\VID_03F0&PID_3917\LW130DC was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_04A9&PID_12FE\056D1C Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000} Location Path: Migration Rank:...