Windows 10: Printer stopped working

Discus and support Printer stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rhg925, Feb 2, 2019.

1. rhg925 Win User

Printer stopped working

My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager says device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Please help, thank you!

:)

rhg925, Feb 2, 2019

2. Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Feb 2, 2019
  4. deaseajk Win User

Printer stopped working

windows10 updates stops printer from working

this did not work for me. i ended up using recovery to go back to a previous build when my printer did work and so far that is working.

deaseajk, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Printer stopped working

1. Printer stopped working - Similar Threads - Printer stopped working

2. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  3. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  4. Printer Stopped Working On USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  5. Printer stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stopped working.: The printer has worked for many years and I can print from my iPhone and from a laptop. Using Manage your device under Settings the following takes place. If I ask to print a test page data are sent to the buffer and it states Printing but eventually it displays...
  6. Printer stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Printer stopped working: Printer stopped working after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/72d66b80-539e-4410-b3dd-449c3902d87c
  7. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Stopped Working: My windows 10 recently updates occurred and now my printer doesn't print anymore. There is a tab opens up every time a click on a new page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/d35efa0d-ab2b-4760-8743-ea67ec8954b1
  8. Printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer stopped working: I am running windows 10 on a 4 year old computer and about 6 weeks ago my printer stopped working. The printer was hooked up and could be "seen" by the computer but if I sent a job to it I got a "problem with the printer set up" error message. I updated printer drivers...
  9. Wireless printers stopped working

Wireless printers stopped working: I have 3 wireless printers and 3 pc’s all running Win 10. until the week before last, all pc’s could print on all 3 printers ... and then all 3 pc’s get print errors and cannot print i’ve deleted and tried to install one printer on one pc, but it cannot find any printers...
  10. printer stopped working

printer stopped working: I have a fairly new Dell computer. I use an epson xp-610 all in one printer. It has always worked fine. I did not make any changes unless windows updates cause an issue. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this issue. I tried to use microsoft to look for...