Windows 10: printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

Discus and support printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RhondaWillis, May 31, 2023.

1. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no issues. I have confirmed windows updates are current. I have tried rebooting both the printer and computer.I have tried restarting the print spooler.I have tried removing and reinstalling the printer.Each time I muddle around, I can get the printer going again, but only temporarily. It will work for a few days, but as soo

:)

RhondaWillis, May 31, 2023

2. Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 31, 2023
  3. Printer has stopped working

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the printer stops working suddenly. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What happens when you try to print?
    2. Do you receive any error code/message when you try to print?
    3. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    4. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    5. What is the make and model of the printer?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

To know the recent updates installed on the PC, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Update.
    2. Now click on View update history.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer the article
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 31, 2023
  4. PiKo Win User

printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

win10 sez no drivers for brither hl5040 printer  

To be sure that you followed my suggestion correctly, I will specify some steps:
    CP>devices and printers>add a printer>the printer that I want isn't listed>add a local printer with manual settings>define port>Windows update and install

Thema:

printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

1. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle - Similar Threads - printer stops working

2. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  3. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  4. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  5. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  6. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot: If I leave my Windows 10 machine idle for some period of time - I haven't been able to work out how long - something fails and the machine restarts. After it restarts it will freeze on the boot screen, i.e., the screen with the spinner. Multiple hard resets do not fix the...
  8. windows hangs after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows hangs after being idle: I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes...
  9. Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes: This issue started to happen this afternoon. My power setting had always been high performance, 5 mins before display off and never go to sleep. And starting this afternoon, everytime my computer is idle for 5 mins and the display turns off, the computer restarts itself....
  10. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle: Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a...