Windows 10: Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10

Discus and support Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think this is a Windows 10 problem, but maybe not. I have an HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One Printer (which is also a scanner). I was scanning a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diadochos, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Diadochos Win User

Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10

I think this is a Windows 10 problem, but maybe not.

I have an HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One Printer (which is also a scanner).

I was scanning a bunch of things, and it was working fine I’d right-click on the desktop icon, and a pop-up menu would appear that said, among other things, “Start scan.”

But now I’m suddenly getting a different pop-up menu that doesn’t mention scanning. I also get that same new pop-up menu if I right-click on any document icon on my desktop.

(By the way, when I click on “Troubleshoot compatibility” in the new pop-up menu, it says the Windows compatibility mode is Windows 8, not Windows 10.)

If I try to print any document — either from the new pop-up menu, or by opening the document in an app and then trying to print from there —the printer does print just fine.

“Scan” no longer appears on the printer’s own little display. Now the options that appear are “Photos,” “Printables” and “Copy.” If I tap “Copy,” the printer does scan and print.

I did a “Powerful Uninstall” of the printer driver with IObit Uninstaller and then reinstalled it. I downloaded the install wizard “EN5530_198.exe” — which is for Windows 10 and is the same install wizard I already had — and ran it as Administrator, elected “Connect to a new printer” using a USB cable setup (because that’s the type of connection I have), but when the next screen appeared (“Connect the USB cable”), the “Skip” button was disabled. Checking “Continue the installation without connecting now” did enable the “Skip” button, but the next screen, “Finish,” just takes me back into setup at the beginning.

I restarted the PC, but this had no effect.

Does anybody have any idea what I should try next?

:)

Diadochos, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 12, 2019
  3. slim142 Win User
    Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10

Suddenly can't share a printer anymore

I don't get it either, now...

Is the printer shared between pc's or is it not *Confused Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10 :confused:

Black Panther, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10

1. Printer suddenly won’t scan anymore in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printer suddenly won’t

2. Windows 8 won’t connect to wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 won’t connect to wifi anymore: Hello, I haven’t had any trouble with my windows computer until now. I have an old windows 8 computer that I use for older stuff and Recently I just got a new wifi and whatever I do the option for the wifi just won’t pop up, when I try and connect to a network every single...
  3. Windows 8 won’t connect to wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 won’t connect to wifi anymore: Hello, I haven’t had any trouble with my windows computer until now. I have an old windows 8 computer that I use for older stuff and Recently I just got a new wifi and whatever I do the option for the wifi just won’t pop up, when I try and connect to a network every single...
  4. Windows 10 won’t boot anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t boot anymore: Hi everyone. Yesterday while using my laptop(HP Pavilion Gaming 15) windows crashed twice In the span of a couple of hours with kernel security check failure stop code. At this point it was still booting properly. I wanted to find out what causes it and fix it so I ran...
  5. Epsom Pinter won’t scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epsom Pinter won’t scan: My HP computer is just suddenly telling me that it is not connected to my Epsom printer when i try to scan. It dies however print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epsom-pinter-wont-scan/28c5ed4f-61e0-46ee-b6dc-4dc920cd3551
  6. Windows 10 scanning with Canon MX860 printer

Windows 10 scanning with Canon MX860 printer: Hello All, I have just purchased a new computer a Windows 10, I want to scan a document on my old printer and create a PDF, with my old computer I would do it from my printer, but with my new computer the creation of a scanned document to PDF is not working via my printer how...
  7. Fargo printer not working anymore on Windows 10

Fargo printer not working anymore on Windows 10: We've been using our fargo C30 printer for a long time now and we could even make it running on Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-printer-not-showing-in-windows-10/7443d673-2b02-4594-acb0-b8d4819c1ebe After updating our Windows version,...
  8. Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore

Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore: Hello, I purchased a new Brother printer about 4 months ago and it was working fine over my network at home, also from my android phone however i travel between offices and on the road regularly and i'm back at home and cannot print over my network, however using the...
  9. My printer won’t scan with empty ink cartons

My printer won’t scan with empty ink cartons: I use Cannon Pixma MP 550 printer /scanner and it refuses to scan without any ink in cartons. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-wont-scan-with-empty-ink-cartons/0ab7333a-78a6-48b3-b114-f673973fd284
  10. My HP printer not scanning anymore

My HP printer not scanning anymore: My HP printer was scanning about a week ago. I didn't use it for a week now it says its not managing to the computer?? whats up with that? Joe Russo 37...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my copier wont scan anymore