Windows 10: printer & updates

Discus and support printer & updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printer doesn't print anymore. I keep reading "start, select settings, select update & security". I don't see "update & security". Brother support told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billyrobbob, Jun 17, 2020.

1. printer & updates

Printer doesn't print anymore. I keep reading "start, select settings, select update & security". I don't see "update & security". Brother support told me to delete 2 updates & somehow I found Windows updates but I didn't see 4560960 or 4557957 that they told me to uninstall.

:)

billyrobbob, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 17, 2020
  4. printer & updates

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

printer & updates

1. printer & updates - Similar Threads - printer updates

2. Printer Not Responding After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Not Responding After Windows 10 Update: Hello, after installing the latest Windows 10 update, my printer has stopped responding. It was working fine before the update, but now whenever I try to print, nothing happens. I've checked the printer connections and restarted both the printer and my computer, but the issue...
  3. Printer Not Responding After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Not Responding After Windows 10 Update: Hello, after installing the latest Windows 10 update, my printer has stopped responding. It was working fine before the update, but now whenever I try to print, nothing happens. I've checked the printer connections and restarted both the printer and my computer, but the issue...
  4. Printer Not Responding After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected': My Windows 11 computer ran the latest update yesterday and now all my printers & PDFers say 'not connected'. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-printers-not-connected/7935addb-0309-4fa3-b539-eeaba69f4ceb
  6. Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected'

Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected': My Windows 11 computer ran the latest update yesterday and now all my printers & PDFers say 'not connected'. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-printers-not-connected/7935addb-0309-4fa3-b539-eeaba69f4ceb
  7. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  8. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  9. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers have all disappeared after March 2024 update on tuesday/wednesday.: Hi My printers have all disappeared after the March 2024 Windows 11 update . Troubleshooters in 'Settings' don't work, and I'm unable to add printers, as the 'Settings' app just hangs.I have booted into 'Safe' mode and can see the printers in the printer list. I have removed...