printer visibility on network

Discus and support printer visibility on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem. hp4630 printer connected to network acer aspire laptop connected to network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevencantor, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:22 AM.

1. stevencantor Win User

this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem.

hp4630 printer connected to network

acer aspire laptop connected to network

but when i try to print, the laptop thinks the printer is "offline". even though it's not.

please advise.

thank you.

:)

stevencantor, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:22 AM
  2. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

4. Santosh_Rai Win User

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thema:

1. printer visibility on network - Similar Threads - printer visibility network

2. Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer: I have installed a new printer Epson WF2630 But unable to print received Emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer/ef89d1da-9c68-4c89-b560-ad0ff22527e7
  3. printer offline in Windows 10?

printer offline in Windows 10?: How can I bring my printer online in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-offline-in-windows-10/3c71d7bc-ba78-4525-a3a0-43962f6561f7
  4. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  5. printer don't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer don't print: Default not connected how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/printer-dont-print/0eaa5047-e4cf-40d1-809c-108304b27c18
  6. How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7

How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7: Hi Microsoft, I have problem about the connect printers. My problem is: - I have 100 printer can connect LAN net word, I want to know the windows 10 or windows 7 can be add printer to all 100 printer? (add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname), - How...
  7. Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer: My printer will not print a Doc. file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/printer/12101f02-f28a-4d15-a45c-386efb710076
  8. Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??

Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??: Long story short, I've got an HP printer that was having some problems and HP support gave me a .reg file to run, which consisted of the following: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]...
  9. connect to folders on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect to folders on home network: I used to be able to view the shared folders on my home network yet now cannot. I do not know what has changed. The folders are shareable, the necessary services are running & automatic, and now I am at a loss. I am using a Surface to connect to my shared folders. I am on...
  10. Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem: When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this connection requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol that could expose my pc to attacks. As I have a total of 7 NAS units storing my...