Windows 10: printer visibility on network

Discus and support printer visibility on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem. hp4630 printer connected to network acer aspire laptop connected to network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevencantor, Aug 11, 2018.

1. printer visibility on network

this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem.

hp4630 printer connected to network

acer aspire laptop connected to network

but when i try to print, the laptop thinks the printer is "offline". even though it's not.

please advise.

thank you.

:)

stevencantor, Aug 11, 2018
  2. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Aug 11, 2018
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 11, 2018
  4. printer visibility on network

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

printer visibility on network

1. printer visibility on network - Similar Threads - printer visibility network

2. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  3. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  4. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  5. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  6. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Network visibility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network visibility: Just got a new modem and my W10 won't see it but does see some others. What can I do? I have rebooted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-visibility/c79d97d3-c6c8-4348-b742-5feced4ce874
  8. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers: Hi! My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I have already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer. The drivers are the latest drivers. The troubleshooter was...
  9. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  10. Printer visible on network but can't connect

Printer visible on network but can't connect: Hello, all. Any help much appreciated: just switched to Win 10. My HP wifi-connected printer shows up as a device on my network, but the printer connect wizard can't find it. Have reconnected printer a few times, restarted, etc. Still can't connect. Need to fix this one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network printer visibility