Windows 10: Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Discus and support Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewVGreene, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Hi!

My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I have already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer. The drivers are the latest drivers. The troubleshooter was useless. Any ideas?

:)

MatthewVGreene, Mar 25, 2020

2. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Mar 25, 2020
  3. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers :)

zarathustra2012, Mar 25, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

1. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers - Similar Threads - Printer visible Device

2. Printer device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer device: Printer not printing. Troubleshooter identifies "Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet ". Security settings do not allow execution of script code within this stylesheet. What to I do?...
  3. Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices and Printers: Hello, I use a Lenovo laptop user. System info- Intel core i3 7th Gen The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am facing. I just recently downloaded Realtek audio manager. And I updated my drivers. And usually when i use my voice recorder,...
  4. Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices and Printers: Hello, I use a Lenovo laptop user. System info- Intel core i3 7th Gen The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am facing. I just recently downloaded Realtek audio manager. And I updated my drivers. And usually when i use my voice recorder,...
  5. Devices and printers

Devices and printers: After upgrading to Windows 10, pdf documents prints very slow and sometimes does not print at all. I can print other documents immediately but pdf takes time and return error: Could not print document...
  6. Devices and Printers

Devices and Printers: A multimedia device duplicates over and over, the device is a LG smart tv that I had to use ethernet connection to connect it and now it works on wireless as it should. I think it runs with Linux and it had not been online for a couple of years so the system needed to be...
  7. Managing printer device question.

Managing printer device question.: Managing printer device question. I would like to clean my printer heads. However the manage your device page does not allow me to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-printer-device-question/530f30d4-6b66-4cf7-8451-bbb0e6fa66c8
  8. devices and printers

devices and printers: my pots are not responding to a connected printer all of them what could it be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/devices-and-printers/3b19bce4-3e2d-4fb1-be28-4bf9aacbf6ba
  9. printer visibility on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer visibility on network: this is a problem which has just cropped up after years of no problem. hp4630 printer connected to network acer aspire laptop connected to network but when i try to print, the laptop thinks the printer is "offline". even though it's not. please advise. thank you....
  10. devices & printers

devices & printers: Control Panel > Devices & Printers takes about 30 seconds to open. Any idea why? Never had this issue in previous Win versions. Thanks! ...Steve 14922