Windows 10: Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Discus and support Printer will not print since last windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 update I can no longer get my HP Laserjet P4014N printer to print. I was online with HP for over an hour and in the end my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sing141, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Sing141 Win User

Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Since the last windows 10 update I can no longer get my HP Laserjet P4014N printer to print. I was online with HP for over an hour and in the end my printer still did not print. All the printer drivers that should have worked were tried and still no printing. and they suggested I contact Microsoft. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Sing141, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 25, 2019
  3. HP6520 printer unable to print on Windows 10

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you facing issues with printing do let us know the following:

• What exactly happens when you try to print the content?
    • Is this printer works fine when connected to different computer?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below and check.

Step 1: Run printer troubleshooter from the below link:

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to remove and update the drivers for the printer and check if it helps.

To remove printer driver from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in
      Run
      window to open Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

To install the printer driver refer to: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

1. Printer will not print since last windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Printer print since

2. Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?: Since updating Windows 11 on my laptop, my Epson printer will not print, but laptop can find printer. Documents print from my mobile so I know it is not the printer. Up to date on drivers on printer; up to day on Windows 11....
  3. Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?: Since updating Windows 11 on my laptop, my Epson printer will not print, but laptop can find printer. Documents print from my mobile so I know it is not the printer. Up to date on drivers on printer; up to day on Windows 11....
  4. Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update: Since a recent Windows 11 update I can no longer print to pdf. I shows a different type screen than normally did before. The update was just like a week or so ago. The top says Printing to Win32 application-print. It isn't letting the preview of the document to be printed...
  5. Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update: Since a recent Windows 11 update I can no longer print to pdf. I shows a different type screen than normally did before. The update was just like a week or so ago. The top says Printing to Win32 application-print. It isn't letting the preview of the document to be printed...
  6. Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?: I can no longer select the print quality (e.g. draft etc.) when I open a PDF from Microsoft Edge (previously under "Other settings")... has it been painted or are they hiding somewhere else? Drucker:Seit dem letzten Windows Update keine Druckqualitätseinstellung mehr?
  7. Printer won't print since last Windows 10 update

Printer won't print since last Windows 10 update: Since the last Windows 10 update installed today 6/10/20, my old but very reliable Brother MFC-240C printer will not print anything! My wife has the same model and same thing is happening with hers. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but did not work. There are no...
  8. printing problem since last update

printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  9. Font printing issue since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font printing issue since last update: My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy. I tried doing a system restore but it failed and...
  10. After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print

After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print: After last Windows 10 update my printer will not print and there is no error message. The printer prints its own report so the printer does print. The documents stay in the queue or say printing but nothing is happening. The printer worked before the last update....