Windows 10: Printer Will Not Scan or Copy

Discus and support Printer Will Not Scan or Copy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since installing Windows 10 almost 2 months ago I have been having problems with my printer. My computer is a HP P7-1154 and my printer is a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RemRem117, Jan 23, 2020.

1. RemRem117 Win User

Printer Will Not Scan or Copy

Ever since installing Windows 10 almost 2 months ago I have been having problems with my printer. My computer is a HP P7-1154 and my printer is a HP Envy 4520 All-in-one. I can no longer scan or copy. When I try to do either one the result is a paper filled with vertical, multi-colored lines. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have only been using the printer for a little less than 1 year. Thanks for any help you can give me.

:)

RemRem117, Jan 23, 2020

2. HP Printers will not scan or copy

Hi Diane,

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

I would recommend you to check if the printer spooler is running on Windows background. If the printer spooler is not running on Windows background, try to starting the printer spooler manually and check.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press enter.

• Locate for Printer spooler, right click on it and click on start.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 23, 2020
  3. HP Printers will not scan or copy

Hi Diane,

This issue might be because of corrupted or outdated printer drivers.

• Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

Initially, I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter and check if this helps.

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, try the below and check.

Method 3:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.

• Click/tap on Properties.

• Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab

• Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.

• Click on Apply and
      Ok.

• Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 23, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Printer Will Not Scan or Copy - Similar Threads - Printer Scan Copy

2. Printer scan issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer scan issue: Why won't Windows 11 on my new Dell computer recognize the scan function of my HP officejet pro printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scan-issue/70c67abd-5717-492d-b120-40563b8022ec
  3. printer isnt' scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer isnt' scanning: I have a very old printer, fax, scanner all in one. The scanner still works and the document went through the machine but nothing showed up on the screen.what should i do?is there a fax and scan program for windows 10? I did it manuarlly but now it won't go down through the...
  4. printer isnt' scanning

printer isnt' scanning: I have a very old printer, fax, scanner all in one. The scanner still works and the document went through the machine but nothing showed up on the screen.what should i do?is there a fax and scan program for windows 10? I did it manuarlly but now it won't go down through the...
  5. Scanning function on printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning function on printer: My laptop has suddenly stopped recognising my printer for scanning, but does not have a problem printing.Is this something to do with an update, and how do I fix it?...
  6. Scan from printer

Scan from printer: My printer HP Envy 4500 will print emails etc but will not scan from the printer to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-from-printer/c2399783-bdb7-4c90-8f3f-7344d05b1f93
  7. email scanned copy

email scanned copy: how do I scan and then email scanned copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scanned-copy/dcd910d3-eaff-44d1-9682-34cb96da2863
  8. Printer won't scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer won't scan: Epson 446 printer will copy and print, but not scan; any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-scan/68fc8aa6-4322-4a82-a7a9-d92b556b63be
  9. Scan multiple copies

Scan multiple copies: How do i scan multiple copies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-multiple-copies/d7d1f2db-ab64-4124-be07-b7692f24d9e6
  10. scanning from printer

scanning from printer: My printer won't scan and email my documents to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-from-printer/92213a1a-9ce7-46b2-9499-69b92a4fed49