Windows 10: Printer won't print "Attention required"

Discus and support Printer won't print "Attention required" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting the message, "Attention Required," when I try to print. What is wrong? What do I need to do? * Moved from education... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jen_287, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Jen_287 Win User

Printer won't print "Attention required"

I keep getting the message, "Attention Required," when I try to print. What is wrong? What do I need to do?

* Moved from education

:)

Jen_287, Nov 8, 2019
  2. craig96 Win User

Printer requires attention...

I installed Windows 10 on my HP PavilionX2 about a week ago and after a bunch of false starts finally got it going. I set up my HP Laserjet Pro 1102w printer with HP's installation application and got new drivers, etc. The installation was successful.
    When I attempted to print. I got the message that my printer requires attention. I use generic cartridges, which seems to contribute to the problem. However, I discovered that the printer
    would eventually print whatever I sent to it several hours later. So, whenever I want to print I just ignore the message about requiring attention, but I have to wait several hours before Windows 10 will finally release the document for printing.
    I had no problem whatsoever in Windows 8.1. This is new with Windows 10. Is there any way to fix this?

craig96, Nov 8, 2019
  3. HP Envy 5541: Attention Required but no information given

Because you are using a wireless printer connection, your situation is that the printer is offline. After the printer is offline, the default printer becomes an offline printer. We try to turn off the network card sleep and printer sleep.

If it does not work above, we try the following method:

1. Print Website Pages With an Alternative Browser
    2. Disable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer
    3. Update Drivers
    4. Install the latest updates
    5. Restart the Print Spooler service
    6. Make sure that your printer is properly installed or reinstall your printer.

For details we can refer to the article:
    Fix: “The printer requires your attention” error

Daisy Zhou, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Printer won't print "Attention required" - Similar Threads - Printer won't print

2. Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...: Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided and can't locate the reason anywhere. Printer is an HP Envy 7640 series. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1....
  3. Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided...: Printer won't print. Printer Status reads: Attention Required. No other details provided and can't locate the reason anywhere. Printer is an HP Envy 7640 series. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1....
  4. Printer- attention required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer- attention required: I have tried restarting the spooler service and PC and still having issue with the error message. I would like to get rid of this message so my sister can print in peace. Any ideas?...
  5. Printer- attention required

Printer- attention required: I have tried restarting the spooler service and PC and still having issue with the error message. I would like to get rid of this message so my sister can print in peace. Any ideas?...
  6. Printer- attention required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: printer attention required: Hi,I'm having issue with my printer. Whenever I print a test page before printing a lot of documents there would be a pop up saying attention required. I clicked it and it shows only the print queue. Tried restarting spooler and printer itself but it's still showing....
  8. Printer- attention required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer- attention required: Hello, I am having an issue where when i print a test page, a notification pops up that says attention required. I click it and it opens the print queue. I have tried restarting the spooler service, and the message doesnt go away. I have tried restarting the computer and the...
  9. Printer- attention required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer- attention required: Hello, I am having an issue where when i print a test page, a notification pops up that says attention required. I click it and it opens the print queue. I have tried restarting the spooler service, and the message doesnt go away. I have tried restarting the computer and the...
  10. Printer- attention required

Users found this page by searching for:

1. color c70 attention required

2. hp printer wont print attention required