Windows 10: Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP Envy 5660 printer will not print from Microsoft Edge. It will print from other browsers as well as any programs I have on my windows surface pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashleysmith123, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge

My HP Envy 5660 printer will not print from Microsoft Edge. It will print from other browsers as well as any programs I have on my windows surface pro. I did recently update to version 1903 for windows 10 so I’m guessing it has something to do with the update since before the update I never had any problems. HP support did say this is microsoft problem and not a HP problem but I still didn’t get a fix. I’ve tried changing the driver, going through task manager, resetting Microsoft Edge, clearing the cache, temp files, reinstalling the printer software and driver, etc. When I make any attempt to print from edge it doesn’t even recognize that I am clicking the print button. If I right click a screen it will recognize the “save as” but not the print. Troubleshooting does not detect any problems with the printer or connection so if anybody has any ideas could you please share them? Thank you!

:)

Ashleysmith123, Aug 12, 2019

2. Print from microsoft edge

Hi Genio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print
    documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press Ctrl+P or
      More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Right click on the start button.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select “Hardware and sound”.
    • Next select Devices and printers.
    • Right click on the device or printers which you need to troubleshoot and select
      troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge "Print Email" not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to make sure that you made the following settings and check if you are able to print.

Step 1:

• Open MS Edge and click on more actions [...]

• Click on Settings and select
      Print

• Choose your printer from the list and check if you are able to print.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge Always Chooses the Most Recent Printer

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select print option.

• Under printer click on drop down button.

• Click on Add printer.

Try to print documents and check if the issue persist after adding the printer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge

1. Printer won’t print from Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Printer won’t print

2. Microsoft Edge won’t launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge won’t launch: Help! Microsoft Edge wont launch! I checked on the app and it just says modify. Inclick on it and nothing happens. Please I need this for school https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-wont-launch/5682131c-59e3-4387-a2a4-51f56ccf62cb
  3. Since Microsoft Edge was installed my printer will not print from PC. It scans and copies...

Since Microsoft Edge was installed my printer will not print from PC. It scans and copies...: Since Microsoft Edge was installed my printer will not print from PC. It scans and copies to print but not from PC. I understand that this is a common feature and very disconcerting for such a major issue to be created by Microsoft. Please help prior to changing to MAC PC...
  4. Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge: Hi all, My computer HP Compaq 15 Notebook has been having trouble with printing for a long time now and I am finally trying to get on and fix it. I am trying to print to a brother HL-2270DW printer. All of the other computers in my household have no issues printing from it,...
  5. Canon printer won’t print only on my laptop

Canon printer won’t print only on my laptop: I’ve been trying to get my printer to work for awhile now, i was able to print some things while trouble shooting it, but it recently isn’t printing anything no matter what i do. I just tested it on a different laptop and it prints without any issues....
  6. Can't Print from Photos App or Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Print from Photos App or Microsoft Edge: I have a user who is unable to print from the Photos app or Microsoft Edge. They are able to print from any other application besides these two. I have tried reloading the printer/printer drivers, resetting the photos app, and installing the Windows 10 1803 to 1809 update...
  7. Cannot Print from Microsoft Edge

Cannot Print from Microsoft Edge: Just installed Windows 10 and I can't print from Microsoft Edge * Original title: Just installed Windows 10 and I can't print from Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-from-microsoft-edge/61857b98-007d-47d3-bf36-f307c7064e18
  8. Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is...

Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is...: Printer will not print from Microsoft Edge but will from all other applications. Error is "unexpected configuration problem 0x800700c1" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print-from-microsoft-edge-but/26483ca5-24f1-4021-b119-9965f1bdfd9c
  9. UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE

UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE: This is unbelievably frustrating. From Chrome I can print from my Yahoo e-mail as well as when I want to print from other websites. But I cannot do this with Microsoft Edge (or maybe I should call it Microsoft SLUDGE?!) I have an HP desktop and printer. There shouldn't be...
  10. Printer won’t print and requires the security key

Printer won’t print and requires the security key: The printer won’t print because it shows that it is offline in Windows 10. It requires the security key. What is it and where can I find this security key?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer wont print from microsoft edge

2. microsoft edge wont print

3. printer problems in edge

4. Microsoft edge print add printer,
  5. problem printing in edge,
  6. microsoft printing problems edge wont print directly,
  7. wont print from microsoft edge,
  8. wont print from edge,
  9. edge wont print,
  10. Microsoft PDF Printer wont print from MS Edge after update,
  11. cannot launch printer from microsoft edge,