Windows 10: Printer won't print PDF Files

Discus and support Printer won't print PDF Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tyeee, Jun 11, 2020.

1. tyeee Win User

Printer won't print PDF Files

I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer. I have the latest driver for the printer. I ran the printer troubleshooter and was able to print out a test page. What can I do to fix this issue? Everything worked before downloading this update. I can still print emails. Should I uninstall this update? Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

tyeee, Jun 11, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Printer won't print PDF Files

Unable to Print PDF files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to print a PDF file. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer & PC?
    • Does this issue specific to a particular PDF file or all PDF file in the USB?
    • What is the program that you are using to open the PDF file in order to print?
    • Did you try printing any PDF file that is saved on the PC?
    • What happens when you try to print, do you get any error message/code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps from this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Also, if you are using the Adobe application to print the PDF file, refer this article from Adobe:
    Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Printer won't print PDF Files

1. Printer won't print PDF Files - Similar Threads - Printer won't print

2. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't print: my Brother DCP-195C printer won't print the print job shows in Queue: Spoolingْ ⇒ Printing ⇒ Deleting and I can't even print a test page PS: the scanner works fine and I can check the ink level on my PC normally,...
  3. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print: My computer updated Windows 10 on Wed. June 10, 2020. Now my Brother wireless printer will turn on when I send a print job to it, but it will not print. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with printer. I tried to go through Recovery, but it says my last update was...
  4. printer won't print

printer won't print: I had taken my laptop into the shop to be fixed because it was running slowly and my webcam did not work. The tech said the Windows 10 I downloaded from the net was corrupt and he installed a clean version. The computer works fine except now I can't print anything. I have...
  5. HP printer prints Images and pdf file slowly

HP printer prints Images and pdf file slowly: i have HP Deskjet 2136 it prints PDF file and Images slowly when printing from Win10 system while the print speed is fine when printing from MS Word & Excel however the speed is fine while printing from Win8.1 system no matter which file it is 150206
  6. printer won't print

printer won't print: After my Windows 10 update my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won't print. It turns on, sounds like it's printing moves the paper out, but nothing on it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/8f1b7fce-186f-4182-9c24-a0f4f589e97f
  7. Printing PDF files from outlook, Printer not installed

Printing PDF files from outlook, Printer not installed: Hi. When I try to print off work orders sent in Outlook as PDF I get "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Please check your printer or choose another one." The printer is fine and will print off any other program in the computer. If I save the...
  8. Printer won't print PDF files. Getting these error messages....

Printer won't print PDF files. Getting these error messages....: I can click print, and the screen comes up like it's going to give me the options about how many copies, etc...and it used to show the document in a smaller form until you selected how many copies and then it would begin to copy. Now I get these error messages: "Your...
  9. PRINTER WON'T PRINT

PRINTER WON'T PRINT: After a windows update, my HP Deskjet 3522 printer is not printing or making copies. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/d15c7ca5-b05d-4423-9b07-046097e702ec
  10. Printer won't print.

Printer won't print.: About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a message comes up saying "Out of toner." I believe that there is still toner in it. This printer (and I'm sure most printers) have a...