Windows 10: printer won't print

Discus and support printer won't print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After my Windows 10 update my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won't print. It turns on, sounds like it's printing moves the paper out, but nothing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueLussa, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SueLussa Win User

printer won't print

After my Windows 10 update my HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won't print. It turns on, sounds like it's printing moves the paper out, but nothing on it. HELP!

:)

SueLussa, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 25, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't print

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

printer won't print

1. printer won't print - Similar Threads - printer won't print

2. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't print: I may have pc problems and need to know is there a way to check it. My printer quit and I got another and still won't print. devices show the printer is ok. Running win 10 does anyone have a solution I sure don't want to get another pc already may not of needed new printer...
  3. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: my Brother DCP-195C printer won't print the print job shows in Queue: Spoolingْ ⇒ Printing ⇒ Deleting and I can't even print a test page PS: the scanner works fine and I can check the ink level on my PC normally,...
  4. Printer won't print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't print: My computer updated Windows 10 on Wed. June 10, 2020. Now my Brother wireless printer will turn on when I send a print job to it, but it will not print. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with printer. I tried to go through Recovery, but it says my last update was...
  5. printer won't print

printer won't print: I had taken my laptop into the shop to be fixed because it was running slowly and my webcam did not work. The tech said the Windows 10 I downloaded from the net was corrupt and he installed a clean version. The computer works fine except now I can't print anything. I have...
  6. printer won't print

printer won't print: when Itry to print a tast page, after replaceinf a cartridge my wireless printer just prints "Windows Printer Test Page" & a pic of the printer icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/e3e053f4-20fc-4a6f-a3ae-23df87d3f7c1
  7. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: I have an HP printer and when I try to print, I am getting a message on the computer that says, "printer had unexpected configuration problem 0x80004005" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer. I've tried running a trouble shoot. It comes back that there was no...
  8. PRINTER WON'T PRINT

PRINTER WON'T PRINT: After a windows update, my HP Deskjet 3522 printer is not printing or making copies. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print/d15c7ca5-b05d-4423-9b07-046097e702ec
  9. Printer won't print.

Printer won't print.: About a month ago I bought a laser printer. It's a Samsung Xpress Multifunction M2070W. Starting today it will not print. I know the reason as a message comes up saying "Out of toner." I believe that there is still toner in it. This printer (and I'm sure most printers) have a...
  10. Printer won't print

Printer won't print: I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print...