Windows 10: Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade

Discus and support Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell AIO 948 printer scanner that won't communicate with my laptop after doing the 1903 feature upgrade. It's not a printer problem because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Djlks1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Djlks1 Win User

Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade

I have a dell AIO 948 printer scanner that won't communicate with my laptop after doing the 1903 feature upgrade. It's not a printer problem because I can hook it up to my old Dell laptop that runs Win Vista and it will print and scan like a charm. In the past, after upgrades this "no communication" problem has occurred and I have always just removed the drivers and re-installed drivers and everything worked. That doesn't fix it now. I have tried removing Dell printer, Dell fax, and drivers and then re-installing and nothing works. Please help.

:)

Djlks1, Aug 27, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade

Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade

1. Printer won't work after 1903 feature upgrade - Similar Threads - Printer won't 1903

2. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  3. Printer won't work after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't work after update: After my most recent Windows 10 update, my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't stay connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it. Still says my printer is offline....
  4. Printer won't work after Windows update

Printer won't work after Windows update: Our Brother DCP-197C does not print since Windows update KB4560960 on 09/06/20 and there is no option to uninstall this update when selected under Settings/ View Update History/ Uninstall updates. Some updates can be right-clicked on to uninstall but not this one. Is there...
  5. Printer won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't work: Canon mx340 printer won't work with new HP Pavilion x360 laptop. I've gone through all steps to add printer etc. Are they not compatible? I'm clueless and frustrated....
  6. Feature upgrade to 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature upgrade to 1903 issue: My Dell Inspiron 5759 laptop started off with an early version of Windows 10 and automatic upgrades have updated it as MS required. I think it was 1809 that started giving me trouble, Windows would load up to the desktop, show the desktop shortcuts, many without icons, no...
  7. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  8. Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade

Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade: I downloaded and installed the latest Win 10 - 1903 feature upgrade this morning. 1. I was forced to log back in to much of my gaming software. 2. After the upgrade I was left with a light blue glaring desktop background that had to be deleted, it was just too bright...
  9. Bluetooth stopped working after upgrade to 1903

Bluetooth stopped working after upgrade to 1903: Laptop "Lenovo Ideapad 710S-13IKB". After upgrade to Windows 10 1903, Bluetooth adapter not found in device manager. Reinstalling of drivers didn't help. Any ideas?...
  10. printer won't work

printer won't work: error message HP Office Jet 6600 class driver unable to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-work/dd2da050-7d28-4da6-8a43-7a29aa507116