Windows 10: Printer won't work after Windows update

Discus and support Printer won't work after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our Brother DCP-197C does not print since Windows update KB4560960 on 09/06/20 and there is no option to uninstall this update when selected under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisMoney1, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Printer won't work after Windows update

Our Brother DCP-197C does not print since Windows update KB4560960 on 09/06/20 and there is no option to uninstall this update when selected under Settings/ View Update History/ Uninstall updates. Some updates can be right-clicked on to uninstall but not this one. Is there another way to uninstall the update?

Thank You

:)

ChrisMoney1, Jun 19, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 19, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. tops Win User

Printer won't work after Windows update

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Printer won't work after Windows update

1. Printer won't work after Windows update - Similar Threads - Printer won't update

2. Printer not working after Windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer not working after Windows 11 update.: When my computer was updated from Windows 10 to 11, it deleted my HP Deskjet D1455 printer to an Epson printer. I did not realize it until I tried to print something 10 days after the upgrade. I deleted the Epson and reinstalled the HP. But still everything now gets stuck in...
  3. after windows update not working printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update not working printer: after windows update not working printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-not-working-printer/73679a30-7b0d-454b-84fb-361b7c70df2f
  4. Printer won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't work after Windows 10 update: I just did a Windows 10 update and now my shared printer doesn't work. I just found out that the drivers for my printer are no longer available. This is a great printer without any issues until Windows did the update. What can I do to get this to work? I checked all of my...
  5. Printer won't work after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't work after update: After my most recent Windows 10 update, my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't stay connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it. Still says my printer is offline....
  6. printer stopped working after Windows update

printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  7. Printer won't work

Printer won't work: Canon mx340 printer won't work with new HP Pavilion x360 laptop. I've gone through all steps to add printer etc. Are they not compatible? I'm clueless and frustrated....
  8. printer won't work after windows 10 installed

printer won't work after windows 10 installed: My HP C4280 all in one won't install after the windows 10 upgrade. I have unplugged and replugged everything, tried manual install . The troubleshooter says it has fixed it by clearing the queue but there was nothing in the queue and it isn't fixed. I get a message that the...
  9. printers not working after update

printers not working after update: Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when trying to print....
  10. printer won't work

printer won't work: error message HP Office Jet 6600 class driver unable to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-work/dd2da050-7d28-4da6-8a43-7a29aa507116