Windows 10: Printer works but scanner won't connect

Discus and support Printer works but scanner won't connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer works with windows 10, but the scanner won't. Using windows scan I get a meesage "unable to connect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by buffalojb, May 19, 2020.

1. buffalojb Win User

Printer works but scanner won't connect

My printer works with windows 10, but the scanner won't. Using windows scan I get a meesage "unable to connect.

:)

buffalojb, May 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, May 19, 2020
  3. Printer Scanner

Hi TT,

As shown on the screen shots shown before, the printer is listed in devices, but doesnt appear with the Windows 10 printers and scanners section.

However, the printer does appear to be working at the moment, so I will let it be at that, just strange it should show on one listing but not the other.

Thanks for your input.

MarkStidever, May 19, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Connecting printer to my laptop

Hi Shirley,

Using a wireless printer can help your work to be more productive. Since you're trying to connect a printer to your laptop, you can use the easy steps below:

• Type in "printer" in the Search box.
    • Select Printers & Scanners.
    • Turn on the printer.
    • Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
    • Hit Add a printer or scanner.
    • Select the printer from the results.
    • Click Add device.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Louie Del, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Printer works but scanner won't connect - Similar Threads - Printer works scanner

2. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  3. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  4. PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS: Hello: I was trying to access my Brother Scanner and my HP Printer. Both are wireless. I just moved to a new apartment and also got a new server. I had previously used Xfinity as my Internet Server. I am now using RCN. A new router was put in and I have tried to access...
  5. scanner / printer connection

scanner / printer connection: I am trying to scan a paper to my computer which is already connected to my computer and I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-printer-connection/c4036449-8ca6-4721-95b6-44d974110921
  6. Scanner won't work

Scanner won't work: scanner won't work. Keeps saying "set PC to start scanning". How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-work/94a14442-1c04-471a-9aac-1ec33bf04b05
  7. printer scanner not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer scanner not working: My Printer scanner is not working but my printer hp working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scanner-not-working/399d6dc8-2a90-4bf1-b8f0-439dde3d6775
  8. Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.

Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.: An update on Windows 10 took place on 12th March 2019 and today when attempting to scan a document it says that my scanner is not connected although the printer is working fine. What can I do? * Original title: Scanner...
  9. printer scanner will not work

printer scanner will not work: I have installed the driver for my canon d530 printer but windows 10 will not print and gives me "driver not available" message. Also, neither of my 2 scanners will work, I downloaded the scan app but it does not work. I have gone through troubleshooting but it still does not...
  10. HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine: A few other people have posted similar problems but nowhere did I see an answer so I thought I would post. Using Windows 10 64bit. It is updated completely. (Not the Insider build). Just bought a HP Officejet 3620. Downloaded the most recent driver and print/scan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson xp 446 will not recognize pc to scan

2. et-2550 will print but wont scan

3. my epson printer prints from my computer but will not scan to the computer