Windows 10: printer works / scanner doesn't

Discus and support printer works / scanner doesn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Epson XP-640 printer scanner. Printer works great and always have. I have never needed the scanner part until now. I can not get it to scan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathyThompson1, Sep 30, 2019.

1. printer works / scanner doesn't

I have a Epson XP-640 printer scanner. Printer works great and always have. I have never needed the scanner part until now. I can not get it to scan. My computer recognizes the printer. I bought a new USB cord but it still won't scan. I don't know what I am missing.

:)

KathyThompson1, Sep 30, 2019

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

printer works / scanner doesn't [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Sep 30, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Sep 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

printer works / scanner doesn't

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

- and what was the last Windows update for you?

People don't all run the same build as you, nor do they necessarily get the same update... thanks!

Have you tried reinstalling the driver - and checked reports on compatibility of that particular scanner?
    You may be better using the manufacturer's forum for the scanner.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

printer works / scanner doesn't

1. printer works / scanner doesn't - Similar Threads - printer works scanner

2. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  3. Printer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer doesn't work: My HP printer is just blinking and says it is "offline". Could this be caused by a Windows Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-work/8e824392-c5fd-4a32-99d3-13b98b181061
  4. printer scanner not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer scanner not working: My Printer scanner is not working but my printer hp working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scanner-not-working/399d6dc8-2a90-4bf1-b8f0-439dde3d6775
  5. Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.

Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.: An update on Windows 10 took place on 12th March 2019 and today when attempting to scan a document it says that my scanner is not connected although the printer is working fine. What can I do? * Original title: Scanner...
  6. Printer doesn't work

Printer doesn't work: After my laptop with windows 10 got the last update my printer does not respond, I connect it to another PC with Windows 7 and it works fine, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-work/03c006c6-aa85-4462-a1a1-bfa64e0ab68d
  7. Printer doesn't work

Printer doesn't work: I have an HP ENVY 4520 Printer All-in-One Printer after the windows was updated, it didn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-work/59ad236b-11b4-42d7-8408-b23a7d9d7159
  8. printer scanner will not work

printer scanner will not work: I have installed the driver for my canon d530 printer but windows 10 will not print and gives me "driver not available" message. Also, neither of my 2 scanners will work, I downloaded the scan app but it does not work. I have gone through troubleshooting but it still does not...
  9. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer works for scanner doesnt