Windows 10: printer works with some programs but not others

Discus and support printer works with some programs but not others in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brother mfc-8440 will print from wordpad but not from reader Just says cannot print and says "error" Printer works with Excel, Word but the reader is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edwardo418, Jul 30, 2015.

1. printer works with some programs but not others

Brother mfc-8440 will print from wordpad but not from reader
    Just says cannot print and says "error"
    Printer works with Excel, Word but the reader is Windows 10 "Edge"

:)

edwardo418, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Google Chrome works sometimes but not others on Windows 10

Hi,

Do you face issue with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

Install all pending Windows updates. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

If the issue is specific to Chrome then contact
    Google Chrome support.
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Cath1een Win User
    Google Chrome works sometimes but not others on Windows 10

I have a new Dell Inspiron that came with Windows 10 installed. Periodically I can't get Google Chrome to load. Sometimes it works, sometimes not and it's becoming quite annoying. I've read that sometimes it needs to be re-installed but others who have
    done that claim the same problem reoccurs. Is this a problem with Windows 10 - if so - what do I do? If it's a problem with Google Chrome - same question. Thanks for your assistance.

Cath1een, Jul 30, 2015
  4. banger Win User

printer works with some programs but not others

I have this with hp printer and mail, edge works.

banger, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

printer works with some programs but not others

1. printer works with some programs but not others - Similar Threads - printer works programs

2. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  3. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  6. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  7. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED: Hi, I just figured this out myself because Microsoft refuses to answer this question. I don't know why they won't, but they won't. I'm posting this here because this answer needs to get out there. This is probably going to get taken down because Microsoft support hates...
  8. Some programs cant work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs cant work: Some programs can't work. After instalation I have white screen in program window. same program are working on another computer I have Windows 10 for example - team viewer cant see partner window...
  9. Printer test program not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer test program not working: I downloaded a program SAMSUNG EASY PRINT MANAGER. It downloads but wnen I access it I receive the message: THE APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE ITS SIDE-BY-SIDE CONFIGURATION IS INCORRECT....
  10. Cortana starts some programs, not others?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana starts some programs, not others?: Not a huge issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to get Cortana to be more consistent at starting programs? At present she will start some with no problem, but others will either display a Web search page or do nothing? As an example, I use "Cool Reader" to read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless printer works with some programs but not with others

2. why printer works withsome programs