Windows 10: PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software

Discus and support PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software The problem is not on my printer. My printer is fine, other PC can print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SalomoTungga, Nov 8, 2018.

1. PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software

My printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software

The problem is not on my printer. My printer is fine, other PC can print with my printer.

On the contrary, when I try to print with my PC with other printer, that printer is also not responding to my PC, so I think the problem is in my PC

How can I fix it?

*I already installed the printer to my PC, and there is no a problem with connection between my PC and my printer".

:)

SalomoTungga, Nov 8, 2018

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 8, 2018
  4. PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software

Cannot print from network printer in Win 10

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the printer on your device.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software

1. PrinterMy printer is not responding to my PC when I click "print" on any software - Similar Threads - PrinterMy printer responding

2. My client is unable to print to any printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My client is unable to print to any printers.: I work for an MSP and I have a client who is unable to print to any printers. I am able to install the printers with no errors, but when I try to print a test page, I get the error: "operation could not be completed error 0x00000bbb"This is happening with multiple printers,...
  3. My client is unable to print to any printers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My client is unable to print to any printers.: I work for an MSP and I have a client who is unable to print to any printers. I am able to install the printers with no errors, but when I try to print a test page, I get the error: "operation could not be completed error 0x00000bbb"This is happening with multiple printers,...
  4. Outlook HTML email not responding when printing \ changed printer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook HTML email not responding when printing \ changed printer options: Hi,I'm having issue with my organization outlook email not responding when printing.I already found temporary solution on this, but I want to discuss why affected all users in my organization.Here I shared temp fix for this issue.Please try going to File > Options > Trust...
  5. Outlook HTML email not responding when printing \ changed printer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook HTML email not responding when printing \ changed printer options: Hi,I'm having issue with my organization outlook email not responding when printing.I already found temporary solution on this, but I want to discuss why affected all users in my organization.Here I shared temp fix for this issue.Please try going to File > Options > Trust...
  6. Can't print on any printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  7. PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer: hi , I recently upgraded to Window 10 Ver 1903 from Window 7 entreprise , and everything seems to work except for one annoying thing. I have a network printer and when I send a print job from the network share file to my printer the computer restarts automatically, and the...
  8. I cannot print any documents on my printer.

I cannot print any documents on my printer.: Because there is an error message that will not go away, I am not able to print. I have tried shutting down the printer, disconnecting it, shutting down my computer, and clearing the printer spool but nothing is working....
  9. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  10. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Unable to print to any printer or on any network: Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from...