Windows 10: Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

Discus and support Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HiWe have a sudden problem where printers were inactive. I removed all drivers and re added the network printers using IP. When I sent a test page it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackson J, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jackson J Win User

Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

HiWe have a sudden problem where printers were inactive. I removed all drivers and re added the network printers using IP. When I sent a test page it will spit out error message. I then check the PORTs and i cannot see IP and printer selected WSD. I have to manually added the TCP/IP Port and select it. It prints for a while and then disabled again. It will work after a restart and then repeat fail. Please help

:)

Jackson J, Jun 11, 2021
  2. NM2000 Win User

Win 10 keeps changing my printer static IP port to WSD, already turned off windows printer management

Have seen this problem on a few machines. WSD takes over as the default port from a port based on a static IP. When someone prints there are no errors except the printer prints nothing. Best advice I have seen for manually added printers is:

Control Panel -> Device and Printers -> Add A Printer -> The Printer I want isn't listed -> Add a printer using a TCP/IP address... -> change "Device Type:" from default "AutoDetect" to "TCP/IP Device".

That key last step may prevent the dreaded WSD port being added as an available port. Enter the IP and continue the installation. I tried adding an existing printer twice, one with AutoDetect and one with TCP/IP Device. The AutoDetect install showed up
    as WDS, and the TCP/IP install showed up with static IP in the port and no available WDS ports listed.

Hopefully that method works for most cases.

NM2000, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after... - Similar Threads - Printers added using

2. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  3. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  4. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to add a network service on network? Adding IP and Port to open a port on network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add a network service on network? Adding IP and Port to open a port on network.: Like in Windows 7, there was an option of Network Map where we could see the network map and set services in the Gateway. But there's no such option in windows 10. submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments]...
  9. Printer ports missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer ports missing: Windows 10 I have had 3 windows 10 computers with this recent problem. The printer ports list is incomplete with missing ports always created local ports. If I try to add a missing port back in the list I get a message the port already exists. Yet I cannot assign a missing...
  10. port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip: Port 25565 is open on the external IP but closed on the internal IP so I can't start a Minecraft server. The server opens when I put in the domain but it doesn't open on other networks. Does anyone know how to fix this?...