Windows 10: Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by raffygepayo, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3) works fine in any port..but just last week while installing a not so new Brother T710w printer, the laptop's Windows 10 drivers updated and now all my printers won't initiate printing..Device and Printers shows the printers to be on "idle status" and printer monitor shows "communication error"..already tried reinstalling the printer drivers so many times but to no avail..

I ran the USB troubleshooter and showed "usb printing support is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3.0 windows 10"...tried to let the system to apply fix but unsuccessful.

Does any one of you guys experience the same?don't want to dump my old printers, I am still using them for home-based project printings..

:)

raffygepayo, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Printer and computer not communicating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:

Fix printer problems

If you have recently upgraded your Windows and the printer is not working after that, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in article:

Fix printer problems after updating or upgrading to Windows 10

Please write back with more information (error message or outcome of the above troubleshooting steps) in order to help him fix the issue.

Naresh_K, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

windows 10 communication with printer

Hi,

• Do you get any error message\code? If yes, then provide us the error message\code?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below article andtry running the printing troubleshooter which is an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your PC.

Fix printer problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Method 2: Alsoinstall the latest drivers for printer driver from the manufacturer's website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

1. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Printers Communication Error

2. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  3. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  4. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer error after updating windows 10

printer error after updating windows 10: Morning. We updated the latest version of Microsoft 10 and our Konica Minolta Bizhub 210 which is older than 5 years wont print anymore. we can still scan but both computers wont print. does anyone know which part of the update we can uninstall that could resolve the...
  6. Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer

Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer: I have Windows 10 (64 bit) installed on HP desktop for several years working successfully. . A local wi-fi network has enabled wireless printing on Epson printer (WF 4740) for many moths. After Windows 10 automatic update in September, 2019 desktop can longer communicate...
  7. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update: So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several...
  8. Epson WF printer Communication Error

Epson WF printer Communication Error: I have Windows 10, and Epson WF 2750 all-in-one. Wifi has been set up. Trying to scan a paper and send to my laptop, it requires a USB connection. I connected USB cable and I get "Communication Error. Check if the computer is connected." I have been able to scan and print...
  9. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:: My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer). This worked...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...