Windows 10: Printer's default paper size ignored

Discus and support Printer's default paper size ignored in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lalillie, Nov 24, 2018.

1. lalillie Win User

Printer's default paper size ignored

I often print to PDFs. My PDF printers are set to a default paper size of Legal. But when I print the size is Letter and I have to change it each time. This used to work. I'm not sure when it changed.
    • Windows Setting Manage Default Printer is not checked
    • Doesn't matter which printer I use - PDFCreator, Bullzip PDF, Adobe PDF
    • Windows 10 build 1803
    • Happens when printing from many apps - Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, Email
    • Works properly when printing from other apps - Notepad, Notepad++, browsers
    • Happens on multiple computers - desktop and laptop
    Any tips on how to get the printer default paper size to work?

:)

lalillie, Nov 24, 2018

2. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper

Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social

Shri Jnanashakthi Subrahmanyaswamy, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Changing the default paper size

Open Settings app, select Devices. Select your printer, select Manage:

Printer's default paper size ignored [​IMG]

Select Printing preferences:

Select Advanced:

Select your preferred paper size:

4. Hopskip8 Win User

How to change Microsoft PDF printer default paper size from Letter to A4?

How to change Microsoft PDF printer default paper size from Letter to A4?

My Microsoft PDF printer's default paper size is Letter. It's very tedious to change it to A4 every time I print to PDF. Please help!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Hopskip8, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer's default paper size ignored - Similar Threads - Printer's default paper

2. Large paper size printing in PDF printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large paper size printing in PDF printer: Microsoft print to PDF it is only possible to print in ISO-A4 and ISO-A3There are hundreds of request s to add paper sizes up to ISO-A0 from 2017 onWHy still not possible to add paper sizes...
  3. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer paper size not available: Last week I was able to print on 13x19 paper no problem using my Epson WF7720 printer, however this week the paper size has disappeared from the List of options, I have read many forums and guides on how to solve this issue but none of them work, I have tried creating a new...
  4. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer paper size not available: Last week I was able to print on 13x19 paper no problem using my Epson WF7720 printer, however this week the paper size has disappeared from the List of options, I have read many forums and guides on how to solve this issue but none of them work, I have tried creating a new...
  5. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. printer defaults paper

printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  7. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  8. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.: Hi Microsoft, you can improve the documentation for the setting of the default paper size for application. I noticed the default paper size for Edge, Outlook, ... is taken from the paper size of the default printer. Where is this documented. The discussions on this...
  10. Changing the default paper size

Changing the default paper size: How do you change the default paper size from letter to A4. ALL the paper I buy in the UK is A4 and the letter size, although only slightly out, throws out my formatting, particularly when I do a mail merge or print a document with a header or footer. Again, Help. 56550

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my HP officejet 7610 wont print on photoshop deluxe 4