Windows 10: Printers don’t print

Discus and support Printers don’t print in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have two printers attached to my Windows 10 desktop. They are a Samsung and a Xerox. I plug in the Samsung and either plug in or connect via WiFi my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SherryPhillips, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Printers don’t print

I have two printers attached to my Windows 10 desktop. They are a Samsung and a Xerox. I plug in the Samsung and either plug in or connect via WiFi my Xerox printer. But neither option works. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the printers, ran "fix printer problems". I switched my Windows 10 desktop to the smart phone and the Xerox printed well. Then I found out that my Xerox can print from One drive. I thing that the problem is with my desktop.

:)

SherryPhillips, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Printers don’t print

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Printers don’t print

1. Printers don’t print - Similar Threads - Printers don’t print

2. Printer Will Not Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Will Not Print: Hello Community. I am trying to install a old printer onto my new laptop. My printer is a Canon ImageClass MF8050cn. At first my laptop couldnt find the drivers for it. So I downloaded it from the manufactuer website and then installed it as a wireless setup. However, it wont...
  3. printer will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer will not print: my printer will not print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print/8f1acf77-ebac-48c1-91f9-0de91d41daa3
  4. Printer not printing

Printer not printing: I send a job to Brother printer MFC-295CN. Nothing happens. Check que. Nothing there. All other functions of machine are working i.e. Copy, Scan, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing/bd1ba6b2-668a-4fa5-8160-d33cf1443f55
  5. printer will not print

printer will not print: My printer will not print, I have turned it off and reset it, it's connected to home wifi, it's my default printer on my computer.... and still it will not print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-will-not-print/b264f94e-e372-41a0-a0e8-468c27105485
  6. Printer not Printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer not Printing: After the February 27 update, my HP printer will not print my word amd pdf documents. Instead of printing - the screen goes to 'save print output as" requesting a file name?...
  7. printer not printing

printer not printing: on the device page nest to the PRINTER it says DEFAULT, ERROR How do I get rid of the ERROR? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing/a07ec08a-40cc-4eb4-8ec6-c81a00ba1624
  8. printer not printing

printer not printing: until yesterday the printer worked fine- now it wont print and keeps saying error- I have run the troubleshooter but it still will not print anyone know how to fix this...
  9. Printer will not print.

Printer will not print.: I have been using my Lexmark 5600-6000 printer with my Dell laptop. I disconnected the printer cable from the laptop so I could plug in the laptop fan. When I went back to print an email, the printer will not respond. says Communication not available. I have disconnected...
  10. Printer not printing

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer not printing: My wife's laptop will not print and I did before. It's not the printer because it prints from my pc. Any ideas 118061