Windows 10: Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

Discus and support Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We are having this issue all over our district with printers showing offline while on WiFi... it is only while on WiFi...other people can print to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Beth RISD Technology, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

We are having this issue all over our district with printers showing offline while on WiFi... it is only while on WiFi...other people can print to the same printers if they are on the LAN.

Troubleshooting steps I have done: have stopped and started the print spooler, under printer properties have unchecked SNMP, updated firmware on an HP printer to troubleshoot, went to update driver-had the latest print driver and deleted the printer and reinstalled.

End users take laptops home and can't print from Home WiFi either

HP Printers / Kyocera Printers and Copiers / Epson Printers

If we are connected to the LAN Network...printer no longer shows offline and prints with no issues!

NEED HELP!

Thank you

:)

Beth RISD Technology, Sep 4, 2018

2. Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

We are having this issue all over our district with printers showing offline while on WiFi... it is only while on WiFi...other people can print to the same printers if they are on the LAN.

Troubleshooting steps I have done: have stopped and started the print spooler, under printer properties have unchecked SNMP, updated firmware on an HP printer to troubleshoot, went to update driver-had the latest print driver and deleted the printer and
    reinstalled. Also, updated the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 driver to v. 20.70.0

We have all our printers with a static IP address when looking at end-user printing issues...some were using the WSD port and we changed it to the TCP/IP address and still have the same problem, whether it is WSD or TCP/IP.

End users take laptops home and can't print from Home WiFi either

HP Printers / Kyocera Printers and Copiers / Epson Printers

If we are connected to the LAN Network...printer no longer shows offline and prints with no issues!

NEED HELP!

Thank you

Beth RISD Technology Support, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district

1. Printers go Offline when on WiFi / 1000's of computers in the district - Similar Threads - Printers Offline WiFi

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  5. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  6. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Offline wifi printer

Offline wifi printer: Apologies for being thick & old! … after a while my Epson printer, connected by wifi, goes offline if not in use. To get it back 'online' is a right pfaff, switching it off, connecting back to wifi, fighting with settings to get it to print again. Please - there MUST be a...
  8. Printer going offline

Printer going offline: I have installed two windows 10 computer as server and client Kyocera printers but when the server printer displays warming up or app available,the client computer displays server printer offline.Tried power cycle option 10 or 30 secs but after some time of not printing the...
  9. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...
  10. printer keeps going offline

printer keeps going offline: My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. All updates...