Windows 10: Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grahamm7, Oct 5, 2018.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the devices. It also would not print. So I uninstalled the driver for the Canon and tried to install the latest 64bit driver from the Canon site - but it would not install. Tried using the Win10 printer trouble shooter on the Canon but with no luck. On the HP I used the HP Print Scan Doctor and did get to print a test page (but Murphy's law the paper ran out). I then tried the Win 10 printer/scanner trouble shooter but I am not getting very far. It looks to me as if the October Upgrade has stopped my printers (and scanning) from working. It looks to me like either a Driver problem or some interaction. I really could do with some help on this one. I may try talking to Canon or HP but when you are a home uses that is not always easy to get good technical support. Unless in some cases you pay for support. May be someone on this Forum possible an MS engineer can help me to fix this problem. I do hope that this upgrade has not 'stuffed' my printers from working? Thanks for listening - I look forward to some suggestions.

:)

grahamm7, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Printer not working after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Spinney,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Printer troubleshooter

For the Unknown device in the device manager, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-yellow/80590b22-bd1a-4326-a084-d743001b6507

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printers working October

2. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  3. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  4. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10: I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore. I have done all humanly possible including running original disk for my printer. Would love a fix for this,after all we are the ones buying the Windows/Microsoft/Computers products....
  5. Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working

Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working: Office Word says Epson X100 series printer is not set up properly and has not worked since latest Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-latest-october-2019-windows-10-update/8ed36798-7bd3-49b8-a630-8612f6cf5331
  6. Windows 10 October upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October upgrade: I have downloaded the Windows upgrade before it was pulled, all of my files appear to be ok but File Explorer keeps crashing when ever I try to open anything. Tere was no problem prior to the upgrade. Should I just roll it back to previous operating system as I have tried a...
  7. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10: I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the...
  8. Microsoft Edge is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update version...

Microsoft Edge is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 update version...: Microsoft Edge is not opening after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. If it opens, it does not browse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-edge-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/fd2fa295-1c44-4131-8b2c-c9d705d7cbd1
  9. My Printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....

My Printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809....: I notice I can no longer print after upgrading to latest version of Windows 10 version 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-printer-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/39c1c66a-a06b-4a11-a211-6084e5071359
  10. Windows Defender is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version...

Windows Defender is not working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version...: I noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, Windows Defender Security Center is not starting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-defender-is-not-working-after-upgrading-to/a4558773-8e75-4481-9c41-998c0bd986c7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my canon pixma mx890 is not printing after win 10 october upgrade