Windows 10: printers not working after update

Discus and support printers not working after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teresa1019, Oct 7, 2019.

1. printers not working after update

Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when trying to print.

:)

Teresa1019, Oct 7, 2019

2. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Oct 7, 2019
  4. printers not working after update

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

printers not working after update

1. printers not working after update - Similar Threads - printers working update

2. Printer not working after Windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer not working after Windows 11 update.: When my computer was updated from Windows 10 to 11, it deleted my HP Deskjet D1455 printer to an Epson printer. I did not realize it until I tried to print something 10 days after the upgrade. I deleted the Epson and reinstalled the HP. But still everything now gets stuck in...
  3. Shared printer not working after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer not working after the last update: After the last update, i can't print over LAN network. the error message is 0x0000052e. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-not-working-after-the-last-update/40c03498-273a-4be1-8afa-296cb7368cd8
  4. after windows update not working printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update not working printer: after windows update not working printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-not-working-printer/73679a30-7b0d-454b-84fb-361b7c70df2f
  5. Printer won't work after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer won't work after update: After my most recent Windows 10 update, my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't stay connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it. Still says my printer is offline....
  6. printer stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  7. Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update

Brother Printers not working after Microsoft Update: After on of the Microsoft Updates I cannot print to either of my two Brother printers. The file goes to the printer queue and then disappears without printing. I have a HP printer and that works fine. Is there a patch or fix? Need ASAP....
  8. Printer not working after update KB4560960

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Printer not working after update KB4560960: Printer not working after update KB4560960 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-working-after-update-kb4560960/d48caa09-0657-4360-8f03-21f40e2c28d4
  9. Printer previously working now not working after updates

Printer previously working now not working after updates: Using Windows 10 home, fully updated. After recent updates my Xerox printer has ceased to work. I have followed all the usual routines to reinstall the printer etc to no avail. The event message from the printer properties is as follows. Driver Management concluded the...
  10. My Printer is not working after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Printer is not working after the last update: My Printer is not working after the last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-working-after-the-last-update/1ab3b54a-c034-48da-8855-bc1ef2da884d