Windows 10: Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Discus and support Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go into my Printers settings window, all of the printers are listed with just a string of boxes. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Napa Dave, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Napa Dave Win User

Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

When I go into my Printers settings window, all of the printers are listed with just a string of boxes.

Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ b05edabb-648a-4f2a-85ec-5494f986f010?upload=true.png

:)

Napa Dave, Sep 6, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Wireless printers are both on but they show as offline

Hello Maria,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run printer diagnostic tool utility which automatically fix printing issues like printer does not work, unable to install printer, cannot connect to a network printer and other printing errors. You may refer to
    the below link for more information.

Official HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows | Free Download hppsdr.exe

Method 2:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode to make sure that the drivers are installed properly.

Please follow the steps below for more information:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Click OK and run the setup.

Hope this information helps, get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

1. Printers show up as boxes ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ - Similar Threads - Printers show boxes

2. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  3. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  4. Printer shows up as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer shows up as Copy 1: I have a wireless printer that shows up as Copy 1 on one of my networked PCs. When I try to change the name without Copy 1, it fails because it says another device with that name exists. That device name does not show up under Devices & Printers. The printer works fine, but...
  5. Printer shows up as Copy 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer shows up as Copy 1: I have a wireless printer that shows up as Copy 1 on one of my networked PCs. When I try to change the name without Copy 1, it fails because it says another device with that name exists. That device name does not show up under Devices & Printers. The printer works fine, but...
  6. Unknown white box showed up on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown white box showed up on desktop: Today a unknown white box showed on the upper left side of my windows 10 desktop. If you click on it nothing happens. Does anybody know what this is or how to get rid of it. Thanks...
  7. Emojis Show Up as Empty Boxes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emojis Show Up as Empty Boxes: I changed my default font to SimSun and now I can't see emojis. Is there any way to fix this without changing my font back? submitted by /u/Elephanteyyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxwbb1/emojis_show_up_as_empty_boxes/
  8. Emojis showing up as boxes on photo apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emojis showing up as boxes on photo apps: When I try to make a design on Cavas and use an emoji from the touch keyboard or getemoji.com and download it, the photo apps show the emojii as a box. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried dowlonading FSViewer to see it worked but is still shows up as a box submitted...
  9. Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners: After reinstalling printer driver for Epson printer, the printer is not visible in Settings. Have a new Lenovo ThinkCenter Mini 64-bit processor. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.864 Epson WorkForce WF-2630 printer (connected by USB) 1) Downloaded Drivers and...
  10. Printer not showing up in devices and printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not showing up in devices and printers: My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to make my printer the default printer, but have no way to do that. Can you help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 printers and devices showing boxes

2. printers and scanners showing boxes instead of names

3. windows 10 printers showing boxes not letters

4. windows 10 printer settings glitch boxes,
  5. windows 10 shows boxes instead of printers