Windows 10: printers stopped after update

Discus and support printers stopped after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ray preston, Jun 12, 2020.

1. printers stopped after update

the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print.

this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either.

troubleshooter was usless.

i had to uninstall these updates to be able to get back to productivity.

not sure if anyone else has had this

:)

ray preston, Jun 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 12, 2020
  4. printers stopped after update

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

printers stopped after update

1. printers stopped after update - Similar Threads - printers stopped update

2. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  3. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  4. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Printer Spooler Stops running after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Spooler Stops running after update: Hello,I am having an issue with the printer spooler. After updating windows 10, the printer spooler stops running. This has been happening for a couple of years now, and what we had done is to go back to an earlier version. Now windows wants to update every other day. After...
  6. printer stopped working after Windows update

printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  7. Printer stopped printing after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stopped printing after Windows update: I think this issue occurred after April Windows 10 update. Whatever button I click, the printer won’t print but the laptop goes back to start up menu. I don’t receive any error code but Google Chrome shuts down. However this issue connected to Chrome, I think because when I...
  8. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  9. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  10. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update: Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems...