Windows 10: Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

Discus and support Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to find a way to have Outlook be an available printer for documents. I would like to email a PDF that I have opened but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeff Sanstrom, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to have Outlook be an available printer for documents. I would like to email a PDF that I have opened but not saved on my computer. My thought was to have Outlook available as a print option that would take the unsaved PDF directly into an email as an attachment.

Any thoughts on this one?

:)

Jeff Sanstrom, Aug 14, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Aug 14, 2019
  3. printing attachments in emails

Hi,

For the better clarification of the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages while trying to print the emails?

• What happens exactly when you try to print an email?

• Are you able to print any other document?

• How are you accessing emails, through web browser or mail app?

I would suggest you to try printing the emails from a different browser.

If the issue still persist, try the troubleshooting steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope you could print the emails after this.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 14, 2019
  4. rlndcrn Win User

Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

Attaching a document from SkyDrive as to a Windows Phone email

OK...

I've never been able to do this. Here are the steps:

• Open a new outgoing email on my Windows phone
    • Choose the paperclip "Attach" icon
    • This opens up a window to "Choose Picture"
    • It does not allow me to choose documents from my SkyDrive
    I can go into SkyDrive and choose to share a document through email. However:

• this does not allow me to attach multiple documents, and
    • it does not allow me to attach a document when I'm responding to another email in an existing thread.
    These are real limitations.

Also, PDF documents are treated differently still. They are harder to attach.

I should be able to attach any document originating from an email.

Thanks. I hope that helps.

rlndcrn, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment

1. Printing a document directly to Outlook as an email attachment - Similar Threads - Printing document directly

2. Printing email attachments

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing email attachments: Hi When I try to print an email attachment from any email (outlook, Gmail, Yahoo etc) I get an error message 0x8007007e unexpected configuration problem. This occurs when selecting any of my printers. I CAN PRINT NORMALLY from Word, Excel etc. Any help would be much...
  3. Printing an attachment to an email

Printing an attachment to an email: I don't know how to get my printer to print an attachment on to an email. It's printing on to paper O.K. It's not the printer's fault, it's me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-an-attachment-to-an-email/228e0763-a586-4090-af0a-ebb6c077b692
  4. Can't open attached documents to Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open attached documents to Emails: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Vista just recently and can no longer open pdf documents attached to emails (AOL). I understand that the problem might be caused by my outlook profile but can't find how to resolve? Regards Robert Barrow...
  5. Email attachment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email attachment: How do I attach a saved document to an outgoing email? A series of export.pdf documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-attachment/50753f16-8e21-4287-831c-4e5e2ad2e1bd"
  6. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email: It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer: when I select the pics then click email I can chose the size and "attach". For a couple of seconds the computer does something -...
  7. Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments: I am using the mail application on my Surface Pro 4 with multiple email accounts. I have reset the program, uninstalled my accounts and reinstalled and tried to change the security. For a short time the application will work appropriately and attachments will show in...
  8. I can't print Outlook emails

I can't print Outlook emails: Hi, I am not able to print out emails from Outlook. They show up as a print preview but won't actually print and don't show up in the print queue. Everything else prints except my Outlook emails. Any idea what is going on? I have a Brother DCP-L-2540DW if that helps....
  9. Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10: I am not able to print attachments to emails in Windows 10 in any browsers. I get the option to view but then the print function does not work. If I try to download I only get the options to Save or Save As. Can anyone help? Thanks. Frank 61422
  10. attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook

in Browsers and Email
    attachments for old emails don't show up in outlook: Hi, Upgraded both our Desktop & Laptop to Windows 10 in the past few months. Last week I tried to access some Outlook emails that were more than two years old, the attachments & emoticons do not appear. This is on both PC's & the same result using Edge, IE or Chrome. I...