Windows 10: Printing but staying in the Printer Queue

Discus and support Printing but staying in the Printer Queue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is for a client of mine. It's a Sharp MX-B402SC printer working over a network. Items were printing for other people, but not for her. Restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LinRoeder, Oct 1, 2019.

1. LinRoeder Win User

Printing but staying in the Printer Queue

This is for a client of mine. It's a Sharp MX-B402SC printer working over a network. Items were printing for other people, but not for her. Restarting the printer seemed to be the fix for this. She can now print, but items are staying in her print queue. It doesn't seem to be stopping her from printing, but they won't clear unless we restart the spool settings, not even if you tell it to clear from the queue. I don't want to have to have her do this all the time.

Does anyone know what may be causing this? I tried removing the printer and uninstalling and readding the drivers and readding the printer, but it's still doing it.

Thanks!

:)

LinRoeder, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Omi Azad Win User

Removed printer, name still appears with print queue inside

Hi

Recently I have added a printer, sent a print command but did not go through. So I have removed the printer, and may be the print queue was in it still. Now the printer name do not appear in Device and Printers list but when I want to print something from
    Office applications, I still see the name on the drop down menu and the name shows that the queue is still inside.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of the name and the queue?

Omi Azad, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    printer queue is blocking print jobs

Hi Fred,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Printer drivers and check.

Follow the steps given here to uninstall the Printer Drivers.

a) Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Printer queues from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) Restart the computer.

Also refer the link and follow the suggestions.

Delete print jobs from the print queue.

Steps applicable to MFC J430w model too. Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Printing but staying in the Printer Queue - Similar Threads - Printing staying Printer

2. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  3. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  4. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  7. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  9. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  10. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771