Windows 10: Printing D.O.S. tree

Discus and support Printing D.O.S. tree in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I print a copy of the D.O.S. tree to use to clean up a lot of duplicate files? I can et it to scroll from the D.O.S. command prompt, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HalBall_343, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Printing D.O.S. tree

How do I print a copy of the D.O.S. tree to use to clean up a lot of duplicate files? I can et it to scroll from the D.O.S. command prompt, but it scrolls past rapidly on the screen with white text on a black screen?

:)

HalBall_343, Jul 29, 2019

2. win7 directory tree printing

tree/f didn't work. Get a long list of files. The start and end of them seems quite arbitrary. No option to print the list. Tried tree/? to see what other options there might be but only one non-helpful one.

Tried tree.com This time the list made more sense but no print option

The treesize-free requires Win 8. I'm using win 7

The stack overflow response reminded me about > so I entered the command tree/F > tree.txt and I got an editable text file from which I could isolate the folders of interest and print their names..

Just one problem - the list started at C:\Users\VE7FO

Oh yes. We seem to be using cp/m here so

cd C:\

tree/f > tree.txt

access denied

Tried tree.com > tree1.txt

access denied

AFAIK I am logged on as administrator. How can I be sure of this? (Win7)

Jim

JimSmithe99, Jul 29, 2019
  3. win7 directory tree printing

Your command is correct. If you cannot see TreeD.txt on your desktop then you probably misspelt the command. This command would also be correct:

tree D:\ /f > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\TreeD.txt"

Frederik Long, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Printing D.O.S. tree

win7 directory tree printing

Hey, that worked.

Now changed current directory to D:\ and entered

tree /f > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Treed.txt"

I presumed that I would get a list for D:\ in treed.txt

No sign of treed.txt on the desktop but no error messages either.

Jim

JimSmithe99, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Printing D.O.S. tree

1. Printing D.O.S. tree - Similar Threads - Printing tree

2. Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC [Fix]: [IMG]If the Canon printer is not printing on your Windows PC, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Usually, this issue can occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers, loose connections in a printer, etc. Fix Canon printer is not printing on Windows PC...
  3. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  4. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  5. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  7. Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?

Windows 11 won’t print to Epson SureColor F170 since the last update. Help?: Windows 11 last update won’t let my Epson SureColor F170 print. Drivers for printer have been reinstalled numerous times. It won’t give me paper options other than rigid and no color choices. Frustrated...
  8. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  9. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  10. Can't print from PC

Can't print from PC: I have a desktop HP all-in-one printer, Scanner, fax and I can print from my Andrpid phone, But I cannot print from my computer. No matter what I have done I cannot print. I have uninstalled it, Reinstalled it, downloaded new software and drivers but I still can't print from...