Windows 10: Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.

Discus and support Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to print from my Mac to my wife's Windows machine on and off for about 6 months and with no luck. Hard to believe in 2020 that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/no_penguins, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.

I have been trying to print from my Mac to my wife's Windows machine on and off for about 6 months and with no luck. Hard to believe in 2020 that this would still be an issue that these guys couldn't work out but so it goes.

Initially I tried this from my Mini running last years SW Mojave and her Windows 7 machine. I could never authenticate the printer because she didn't have a log in for her machine and the software on the Mac requires it. Fast Forward a few months and she has a W10 machine that requires a log in so lets try again.

The Players.

HP All - in - One running W10 with all the latest and greatest updates with a Brother laser jet HL- L2300D hardwired to the machine ( printer is not wireless) - Her machine prints with no issues. I opened up the printer properties and turned on shared printing.

Mac Mini - running Catalina with all its updates - I am hardwired to the router.

When I setup the printer on the Mac, it runs through all the setups, asks me the username and password for the W10 machine, accepts it ect and when I hit print it will bring up the print box and it shows the printer and the preview but when I print it stops and I get a "Hold for authentication error and done.

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/no_penguins
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/no_penguins, Jan 15, 2020
  2. dashr Win User

Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer

Hello -

Been tearin' my hair out a little on this one, have scoured the net and posted on a couple Mac forums to no avail.

PC is a brand new tower running Windows 10 & I love it but I cant seem to get my Mac laptop to connect to the Kodak c310 AIO printer when I hook it up to the new tower. It connects to my old Mac Pro tower easily over the same LAN.

The LAN is an ether-net using a Linksys 4 port router. The Mac identifies the tower as being on the network and seems to try to print to the Kodak but then just hangs at sending the data. As I said above, it prints fine over the same network to my old Mac tower.

I have followed all the steps here: http://macs.about.com/od/printershar...-Mac.htm#step1

Enabled LPD protocol & printer sharing in Windows 10.

Any advice or suggestions most appreciated thanks for reading!

dashr, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer.

1. Printing from a Mac to a Window 10 and a networked printer. - Similar Threads - Printing Mac Window

2. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  3. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  4. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  5. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  6. Printing from Mac to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from Mac to Windows 10: I have tried both connecting from my Mac using Windows Sharing and LPD and have the same issues. The print jobs are sent to my Windows 10 print queue with a page count of 0 although I do show ie; 53925 bytes. The job will sit for a second then disappear without printing. The...
  7. Printing from a Mac to a printer on a Windows 10 PC

Printing from a Mac to a printer on a Windows 10 PC: Hey, We've got a Zebra GK420t thermal printer at work - they don't produce a Mac driver, and the workaround is terrible print resolution is dire, and is a known issue, so I've set up a Windows 10 PC to run as a print server. Unfortunately, the printer still seems to be...
  8. Network printer will not print from one computer on the network

Network printer will not print from one computer on the network: HP Office Jet Pro 8720 printer is connected to the network, along with 2 computers. On computer 1, printing is fine. On computer 2, the printer is shown as a device in the Control Panel, but is not listed as a device when in word, after entering File, Print. Computer 2...
  9. can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac

can't print from win 10 to printer attached to mac: printer attached to mac mini. have bonjour on pc with win 10. when i open the bonjour printer wizard it says "no bonjour printers are available. all 3 are networked together on a home network (WORKGROUP) i can share files from the mac but can't print from the win 10 pc any...
  10. Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network: Windows 10 PC has Bonjour installed. I try to print, no error message appears but nor does printout. 70623