Windows 10: printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped

Discus and support printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Now I'm unable to print to my HP Officejet Pro 8600 from Windows 10. Seems to have started within the last few weeks. I can print from my phone and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillTrew, Feb 22, 2019.

1. BillTrew Win User

printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped

Now I'm unable to print to my HP Officejet Pro 8600 from Windows 10. Seems to have started within the last few weeks. I can print from my phone and a Mac laptop. All of these devices were printing through my WIFI router. I tried all the basic ways to resolve - restarting PV, Printer, Router; deleting and downloading new print drivers; checked compatibility of printer to Window 10,...

The printer indicates that there is a WIFI connection, gives me an IP address, but the PC doesn't see the printer. When I tried to download the new printer driver, system could not find device. I gave it the IP address, but still could not find device.

HP software is up to date. It looks like Windows 10 is up to date. What going on????

I'm not a beginner with computers, but not a highly trained tech.

:)

BillTrew, Feb 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 new upgrade; HP network printer will not print

Windows 10 new upgrade; HP network printer shows as properly installed on printer list but will not print. Printer dialogue box shows "printing" but no output. I have removed and reinstalled this printer to this PC. Same printer worked before with
    Win 8.1 and still does with my wife's Win 7 PC. So not printer. Win 10 printer troubleshooter did not find any problems. Any suggestions to correct?

JamesLandes, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Feb 22, 2019
  4. printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped

HP Photosmart 385 printer stopped working after Windows 10 install

My HP Photosmart printer stopped working after I upgraded my PC to Windows 10. This printer is still available for sale on Amazon and other places. I have tried all of the troubleshooting and HP related 'suggestions' to activate the printer -- including
    removing and reinstalling the printer.

Apparently there are no HP drivers (or online support) for their 'old' products. The drivers suggested and installed are from Windows 10 for the HP Photosmart 380 series.

When I try to print a test page all I get is 'error - printing on HP Photosmart 380'. and obviously I cannot

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDTomlinson, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped

1. printing from PC with Windows 10 to HP printer has stopped - Similar Threads - printing printer has

2. HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color: Hello, I have an HP 8610 all in one printer and HP desktop running Windows 10. The printer suddenly stopped printing in color for the 3rd time in less than one year. I have uninstalled the printer and all the drivers each time. Most recently, was 3 weeks ago and therefore I...
  3. My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP F4272 printer starts to print then stops: My HP Printer F4272 starts to print then stops Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-f4272-printer-starts-to-print-then-stops/0a5ac352-b6a2-4570-808f-bb709a1db189
  4. my hp printer has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hp printer has stopped working: Hp 551 stopped working recently. It's going on all the other pcs here, not this one. I've uninstalled it, biffed the driver and started again repeatedly. Cant find Kb4557957 and kb 4560690 which is recommended to uninstal. What to do? Grateful for any ideas...
  5. HP printer wont print from the CPU

HP printer wont print from the CPU: I have a HP printer that is printing wirelessly from I phone and a PC very well. My office laptop is recognizes the printer and will call on it to print sends to the queue and shows an error. I think its a corrupted file in my laptop. I have no idea how to ferret it out....
  6. New drivers for HP printer stopped 5 computers from printing

New drivers for HP printer stopped 5 computers from printing: Chiropractor office with 5 computers all running Windows 10 vs 2004 and had the CU from last Tuesday Oct. 13, 2020 installed. Monday, all 5 could no longer print to their HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw printer. I deleted each computers Printer, add a new printer, search...
  7. HP printer is not printing

HP printer is not printing: I am not able to print anything from printer this issue occur after recent windows 10 update and now my printer is not working it is HP laserjet M1136 multifunction printer...
  8. Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing

Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing: As per the title, my desktop Windows 10 64bit system installed an update last night and as of this morning, I can no longer print anything to my Brother DCP-300C printer. The printer shows as available and working in the 'Printers' section but when I send anything to print,...
  9. printer stopped printing from computer

printer stopped printing from computer: new windows 10 update installed and my Epson printer will no longer print from computer. ever time I hit print "save print out put as" comes up and regardless of what I do it will not allow me to print. Uninstalled the update but can not print from this computer from any app...
  10. Can't stop printer from printing

Can't stop printer from printing: This is a question re my Vista desktop, but I'm sure someone here will have an answer. I just installed new cartridges in my Epson NX400 printer. Then to print a test page, I printed what was on the screen. Unfortunately what was on the screen was about a 300 page journal,...