Windows 10: Printing from Win32 application

Discus and support Printing from Win32 application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a third-party software one of the companies that uses the Palm Desktop Companion Link. The software on the computer is Deja Office. I attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CALIFORNIA1958, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Printing from Win32 application

I use a third-party software one of the companies that uses the Palm Desktop Companion Link. The software on the computer is Deja Office. I attempted to print, and the normal Windows Print Window did not appear but a different window showing "Printing from Win32 application" appeared. I have never seen this type of print window before. The software crashed. I copied the notes to the note pad and attempted to print the same message "Printing from Win32 application" appeared. I transferred the notes to Word 2019 and the normal print option appeared. The "Printing from Win32 application" appeare

:)

CALIFORNIA1958, Mar 16, 2022
  2. perdrix Win User

x is not a valid Win32 Application

I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application.

Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP SP3 windows gives me a nastygram saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

So what steps should I follow to determine why this is happening?

I came here 'cos I believe that there are people here who know this stuff.

Thanks
    David

perdrix, Mar 16, 2022
  3. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Printing from Win32 application :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Printing from Win32 application

Still when does Microsoft support Win32 bit applications.

Hi,

The Windows operating system has a 32 bit and a 64 bit version, by default any Win32 or 32-bit Windows-based application will run without any issues. Even if you have a 64 bit version of Windows, there is a built in emulator that allows Win32 or 32-bit Windows-based
    applications to run seamlessly on 64-bit Windows. We would like to further clarify your concern regarding Win32 or 32-bit Windows-based applications by asking the following questions below:

• Were there any error message when you attempted to run a 32-bit Windows-based application?
    • What application were you attempting to launch or use?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Printing from Win32 application

1. Printing from Win32 application - Similar Threads - Printing Win32 application

2. Win32 printing application minimizes primary application after printing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32 printing application minimizes primary application after printing!: We're a small garage business and we recently replaced our old windows 10 computer with a new windows 11 machine and whenever I use our garage main computer application to print invoices using "win32 printing application" I have two problems.1. The preview does not show up2....
  3. Win32 printing application minimizes primary application after printing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32 printing application minimizes primary application after printing!: We're a small garage business and we recently replaced our old windows 10 computer with a new windows 11 machine and whenever I use our garage main computer application to print invoices using "win32 printing application" I have two problems.1. The preview does not show up2....
  4. Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update: Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-from-win32-application-new-after/b209d37b-ff0f-48cd-8a11-6974c1b69f6c
  5. Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update

Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update: Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-from-win32-application-new-after/b209d37b-ff0f-48cd-8a11-6974c1b69f6c
  6. Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update: After installing 22h2 update we get this new and "annoying" dialog box in some programs.Annoying since this dialog box always picks up the default printer we have many, so that you lose the entries made earlier.This dialog box only appears on certain programs, e.g. indesign....
  7. Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update

Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update: After installing 22h2 update we get this new and "annoying" dialog box in some programs.Annoying since this dialog box always picks up the default printer we have many, so that you lose the entries made earlier.This dialog box only appears on certain programs, e.g. indesign....
  8. Printing from Win32 application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing from Win32 application: I use a third-party software one of the companies that uses the Palm Desktop Companion Link. The software on the computer is Deja Office. I attempted to print, and the normal Windows Print Window did not appear but a different window showing "Printing from Win32 application"...
  9. x is not a valid Win32 Application

x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...
  10. x is not a valid Win32 Application

in Windows 10 Support
    x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...