Windows 10: Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages

Discus and support Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Printing from Windows 10 worked fine but now every printer just prints blank pages. Reinstalling drivers didn't help. Printers work fine from IPhone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NorrisLong, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages

Printing from Windows 10 worked fine but now every printer just prints blank pages. Reinstalling drivers didn't help. Printers work fine from IPhone but not from Windows 10.

:)

NorrisLong, Feb 12, 2020

2. Printing blank pages

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with printing on your PC, as the printer prints only blank pages. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Were you able to print previously or is this the first time you’re trying to print?
    3. How is the printer connected to the PC?
    4. Have you tried printing a test document?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the article
    My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
    by Epson and see if that helps.

Note: This article holds good for Windows 10 as well

In addition, you can try performing Clean Print and see if you are able to print the documents normally.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article to
    Create a system restore point

Step 1: Restart Print Spooler service

1. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click on
      OK.
    2. Now, look for Print Spooler service, right click on it and select
      Restart.

Step 2: Cancel print jobs

1. Search for Print management (PMC) on the search bar in the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Printers, select all the printers (Press
      Ctrl
      when selecting), right click and select Cancel all jobs to delete the pending print jobs.
    3. If PMC is not available, open printer’s print queue via
      Settings (Windows key + I, Devices) and
      cancel all pending print jobs.

Step 3: Remove all third-party printers

1. Press Windows key + R, type control printers and click on
      OK.
    2. Now, right click on the third party printers and select Remove.
    3. If this doesn’t work, press Windows key + R, type
      regedit
      and click on OK.
    4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers
    5. Under Printers, delete all the third party printers except:
    • Fax
    • Microsoft Print to PDF
    • Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    • OneNote
    • Send To OneNote2016

Step 4: Remove all third-party drivers

1. Press Windows key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and select Printers & scanners on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Print server properties and select the
      Drivers
      tab.
    4. Remove all the third party drivers. Do not remove any
      Microsoft print
      driver.

Step 5: Uninstall OEM software

1. Press Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK.
    2. Find and uninstall all the printer related OEM software.
    3. Verify the same from registry by navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor
    4. Delete all the third party print monitor from the location except:
    • Local Port
    • LPR Port
    • Microsoft Shared Fax Monitor
    • Standard TCP/IP Port
    • USB Monitor
    • WSD Port

Step 6: Set Print Spooler service Startup Type to Automatic

1. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click on
      OK.
    2. Look for Print Spooler service and double click on it.
    3. Set the Startup Type to Automatic from the drop down.
    4. Restart the computer

Step 7: Re-add the printer

1. Press Windows key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and select Printers & scanners on the left pane.
    3. Select Add Printer or Scanner to re-add the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 12, 2020
  3. chrismine Win User
    Shared printer print blank pages

I have a client using a Samsung ML-1865W series laser printer connected via USB to his Windows 7 machine. The printer is shared and a Windows 10 based PC prints via the share to the printer. Problem is that when printing from the Windows 10 machine every pages that print is blank. It prints perfectly from the Windows 7 machine.

Have removed and reinstalled the printer many times with no success, trying different drivers and setups.

Any ideas please.

chrismine, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages

Printing blank pages

I have a Dell Inspiron and a Epson WF-3640 printer. Every time I go to print it sounds like it is printing but I just get a blank page. I print monochrome and have also just replaced the black ink cartridge and still nothing but a blank page

MikeBjornsen, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages

1. Printing from Windows 10 now only prints blank pages - Similar Threads - Printing prints blank

2. Blank pages being printed but only from one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank pages being printed but only from one computer: My husband and I each have a desktop all-in-one computer and we share a printer that we connect to wirelessly. I recently changed a printer cartridge and overall the printer seems to be fine. However, when sending print jobs to the printer from my husband's computer, all we...
  3. Blank pages being printed but only from one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank pages being printed but only from one computer: My husband and I each have a desktop all-in-one computer and we share a printer that we connect to wirelessly. I recently changed a printer cartridge and overall the printer seems to be fine. However, when sending print jobs to the printer from my husband's computer, all we...
  4. Blank pages being printed but only from one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blank pages being printed but only from one computer

6. Blank pages being printed but only from one computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printer prints blank page before printed page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page before printed page: Printer hp 9010 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-blank-page-before-printed-page/58452f3c-ec6e-4105-9023-278390a3638e
  8. Printer prints blank page before printed page

Printer prints blank page before printed page: Printer hp 9010 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-blank-page-before-printed-page/58452f3c-ec6e-4105-9023-278390a3638e
  9. Printer prints blank page before printed page

10. Printing blank pages?

Printing blank pages?: How do I stop my printer from printing blank pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-blank-pages/c125c49c-5d7a-4ada-89b3-1b7389beca2b