Windows 10: printing in monochrome

Discus and support printing in monochrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I go to HP output options color mode and select color it keeps changing to mono over and over with paint and photo creations. back to color mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobCocherell, Oct 25, 2018.

1. printing in monochrome

when I go to HP output options color mode and select color it keeps changing to mono over and over with paint and photo creations. back to color mode and it changed

:)

BobCocherell, Oct 25, 2018
  2. tensone Win User

Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's

Using a HP ENVY 4520 printer.

Recently for whatever reason something has changed in my settings and cannot find why.

If I doubleclick on any photo, presuming its opened by Windows Photo as it starts with a black screen and the printer icon is top left. When the photo is opened it is in colour. But when asked to print and the left hand column appears where paper choice and portrait/landscape etc settings appear. Now the photo is in monochrome and despite going through to 'advance' to change from monochrome to colour. It still prints monochrome.

I have removed the device from printer/scanner settings. Restarted the laptop and added the printer again, with same results.

I have not installed the manufacturers software as it not been needed previously until this problem came about. And cannot find any route to change the default from monochrome to colour.

thanks

tensone, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 25, 2018
  4. printing in monochrome

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

printing in monochrome

1. printing in monochrome - Similar Threads - printing monochrome

2. Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...: Newly installed computer will not print in colour Epson XP 345 yet scanner does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-colour-newly-installed-computer-will-only/4669e83c-622f-4774-83f8-a6332a8ec5a8
  3. Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print colour - newly installed computer will only print from files in grayscale/monochrome...: Newly installed computer will not print in colour Epson XP 345 yet scanner does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-colour-newly-installed-computer-will-only/4669e83c-622f-4774-83f8-a6332a8ec5a8
  4. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  5. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF: Is it possible to print monochrome - grayscale PDF form "Microsoft print to PDF" virtual printer?And how to set that.RegardsH Misic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monochrome-pdf-using-microsoft-print-to-pdf/7acd6734-8e76-4fc1-9029-e58eefdbe263
  6. Monochrome PDF using Microsoft print to PDF

7. Epson XP432 only printing in greyscale or monochrome after updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson XP432 only printing in greyscale or monochrome after updating to windows 11: I updated to windows 11 in December and in January my printer only printed in greyscale or monochrome. I have tried everything to fix the problem, but am getting nowhere. No updates for windows 11 on Epson support page to update the drivers. Do I need to revert back to...
  8. Epson XP432 only printing in greyscale or monochrome after updating to windows 11

Epson XP432 only printing in greyscale or monochrome after updating to windows 11: I updated to windows 11 in December and in January my printer only printed in greyscale or monochrome. I have tried everything to fix the problem, but am getting nowhere. No updates for windows 11 on Epson support page to update the drivers. Do I need to revert back to...
  9. Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome

Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome: Has anyone else experienced issues with their printer only allowing you to print monochrome after a windows update? I have tried looking at all possible settings, reinstalling the printer which worked for one print out in colour and then it reverted back to everything black...
  10. 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk: 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5540-only-prints-in-monochrome-need-software-that/557783b9-7993-40a1-a2ef-8cac2c709e35

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Coloured photos being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photos

2. why am i printing monochrome