Windows 10: Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

Discus and support Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edgar Martínez Serrano, May 24, 2022.

1. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't work either https://github.com/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/tree/main/Samples/Printing. Uninstalling the patch got it working again until Windows automatically reinstalled it.I use appPOS58PORTABLE+ printer https://www.approxtpv.es/es/impresoras-58mm/124-apppos58portable.html connected by Bluetooth, but it also fails with other portable printers of the same type.I will describe how the error occurs and the solutions that I have tried a

:)

Edgar Martínez Serrano, May 24, 2022
  2. swarfega Win User

Can't Print in Edge and UWP Apps

I can't seem to print in Edge or other UWP apps but I can in normal software. This includes photo viewer.

Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212 [​IMG]

swarfega, May 24, 2022
  3. Escamillo Win User
    Printing from UWP apps no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update

The drivers are not the issue. As I said in the original post, I can't print from the PDF or XPS printers either, and those are not hardware printers that need drivers, they are software printers that simply print to .pdf and .oxps files. Indeed, neither
    the PDF nor XPS printers show up in the Device Manager that your link says to use to update drivers.

Also, I can print fine from desktop apps, using both the software printers (PDF and XPS) and my hardware printer (an HP printer). It's only UWP apps that I cannot print from.

So updating drivers is not the issue here.

But I think I have a related problem. "Share" also no longer works on my computer for UWP apps. For example, if I go to Edge and click share, and choose, for example ,the Mail app, the Mail app flashes for a split second, then goes away, so the share operation
    fails. It's similar to what I see when doing "Print" from a UWP app, whereby the Print panel flashes for a split second (if at all), then goes away.

With the original Windows 10 I had neither of these problems regarding print and share from UWP apps; only after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition did I begin having these problems.

Escamillo, May 24, 2022
  4. Escamillo Win User

Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

Printing from UWP apps no longer works after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update

MSDN is for developers.

I'm not asking about how to get printing to work in a UWP app that I am developing. I'm saying I cannot print from UWP apps, period. Such as Word Mobile. Such as Edge. Such as any UWP app. I'm saying that I only began having this problem after upgrading
    to Windows 10 Creator version. And, as I later posted above, I also cannot "share" from any UWP app since upgrading to Win10 Creators Edition.

MSDN isn't going to help me or others that have this problem.

Escamillo, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

1. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212 - Similar Threads - Printing UWP apps

2. patch installation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    patch installation failed: unable to install below patches on windows machine manually please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-installation-failed/20a33561-4dd3-4f4f-9520-ef9fce00b071
  3. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212: Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't work either https://github.com/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/tree/main/Samples/Printing. Uninstalling the patch got it...
  4. Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing in UWP apps fails with security patch KB5008212: Since patch KB5008212 was installed, printing has stopped working in the UWP app I'm developing. Also the official microsoft samples to print doesn't work either https://github.com/microsoft/windows-universal-samples/tree/main/Samples/Printing. Uninstalling the patch got it...
  5. Windows won't shut down DisplayPort monitor after KB5008212 patch

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't shut down DisplayPort monitor after KB5008212 patch: My desktop computer is set to switch off my monitors after ten minutes. After a restart following the KB5008212 patch, they remain lit forever. Changing to another timing e.g. fifteen minutes doesn't change things. Locking the desktop can shut off the secondary HDMI monitor,...
  6. Printnightmare security patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  7. Security Patch KB5000802

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Patch KB5000802: after the patch was installed the computers crash when sent to printer Kyocera the computers switch to Recovery display and made restart again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-patch-kb5000802/cd72aa3d-7dde-4f34-8ec8-9d6ab65f8fb6
  8. Security Patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....
  9. UWP apps failing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP apps failing.: So recently, out of the blue, all of the apps that would come from the Microsoft Store stopped being able to boot. (This started happening around two weeks ago) Everything from the Calculator, to the Calendar, to Mail, to Groove Music, to Photos, Xbox Companion, and even the...
  10. Can't Print in Edge and UWP Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Print in Edge and UWP Apps: I can't seem to print in Edge or other UWP apps but I can in normal software. This includes photo viewer. [img] 62671