Windows 10: Printing issues after Win 10 update

Discus and support Printing issues after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Friend did a Win 10 update Upgrade? then printer problems appeared but not right away. At first nothing would print PDF, Both sides of paper. All used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianCrooks1, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Printing issues after Win 10 update

Friend did a Win 10 update Upgrade? then printer problems appeared but not right away. At first nothing would print PDF, Both sides of paper. All used to work fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled HP software. HP Smart now says Printer Status Unknown. It is a wireless connection. Driver was using WSD, I changed to TCPIP. When printing a pdf file, if I try to print > 2 pages, nothing prints - I see Windows spooler send file but immediately clears. Then the PDF app Foxit in this case dies and I have to restart it. I can print at most 2 pages but only 1 side and Windows spool file normally. Saw the Mar windows update issue but this doesn't match those symptoms. Windows topic below should be printing but it is not there

:)

BrianCrooks1, Apr 8, 2021

2. Cannot print from network printer in Win 10

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the printer on your device.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: Fix printer problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Printing issues after Win 10 update

Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Printing issues after Win 10 update

1. Printing issues after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Printing issues update

2. Printing issues in Windows Mail after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing issues in Windows Mail after Windows 10 update: My emails will not print to my default printer. They will only print to PDF. How can I get the Mail to use my default printer so I do not have to go through so many hoops just to get a hard copy of an email?...
  3. after update in win 10 my printer do not print

after update in win 10 my printer do not print: After win 10 update my printers will not print, print goes to printque and stops. Nothing will print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-in-win-10-my-printer-do-not-print/1807a735-bc7c-44a1-ad51-3109f5138d4c
  4. Printing issues after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing issues after updating to 2004: Hello, After the 2004 update, when I print an email, that would have printed on one page, it now prints on 4 pages with the first page looking like a title page with the sent from and subject line, the body of the email prints on the following pages, and the last page is...
  5. HP Printer Won't Print After Win 10 Home Update

HP Printer Won't Print After Win 10 Home Update: Previously, my HP Officejet 3830 worked just fine with Windows 10 Home. That changed after the last update. I have run the trouble shooters, reinstalled drivers and read as much as I can. The workaround is: send an office file to the printer on the printer,...
  6. Print issue after Windows 10 update

Print issue after Windows 10 update: Since the last update on my computer for windows 10 I have not been able to print on my laptop computer. I tried re-downloading my printer drivers. this did not help. What did you do that has messed up so many different peoples printing functions? ***Original title: Can't...
  7. Printing attachment issues after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing attachment issues after Windows 10 Update: Good morning. I recently completed a Windows 10 update. Since doing the Windows 10 update, I am unable to open nor print from my attachments in my email. When I click on the attachment, the attachment opens in another tab and does not populate. I only get a gray/blank screen....
  8. Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update: After this most recent update to fix a spooler issue, I now have a spooler issue. I have gone in and restarted it, only to have it turn itself off after 2 tries. I've cleared all of the temp printer files (C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS), which didn't help at all. I...
  9. Printer won't print after Win 10 update!

Printer won't print after Win 10 update!: I have a Canon Pixma IP8720 Printer It has worked fine since I got it in Jan 2019 After your update yesterday it won't print Message states not connected. It is WIFI Connie...
  10. Battery Issues After current win 10 Update

Battery Issues After current win 10 Update: After the current Win 10 update, I started facing some issue: 1) Quick drain of battery 2) Battery don't charge over 74% or at least that is how it shows in the battery meter 3) Win apps like edge and cortona can't connect to internet via mobile sim dongle modem, except...