Windows 10: Printing Issues

Discus and support Printing Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can only print current page (not all or a given page range e.g. 1-3) whatever I request results in the current page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eushavio, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Eushavio Win User

Printing Issues

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can only print current page (not all or a given page range e.g. 1-3) whatever I request results in the current page only being printed - any suggestions?

HP ProBook S Series / HP DeskJet 3050A

Peter S.

:)

Eushavio, Nov 22, 2015
  2. RFOXOZ Win User

printing issues

Thank you. It's working perfectly now.

RFOXOZ, Nov 22, 2015
  3. RFOXOZ Win User
    printing issues

Just checked again. Apparently it's Windows 2007.

RFOXOZ, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Williams Win User

Printing Issues

Do you have installed the latest drivers?

Williams, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Eushavio Win User
    I believe so

Eushavio, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Something with the big November Threshold update changed EDGE printing performance for the worse on many computers.

1.) As pointed out by thread starter Eushavio, printing the exact pages you want in a multi-page document rarely works. If you want to print page 1 of 3, Edge will print page 3.

2.) The EDGE print quality output always defaults to "NORMAL". This uses a lot more ink than "DRAFT". I have the printer default set to "Draft" in Control Panel settings, but it makes no difference to Edge. With each print, even if it's 4 or 5 documents in a row, I must mentally remember to physically change to output quality from NORMAL to DRAFT.

Is anyone else experiencing either or both of the above issues with EDGE? Neither problem was present on my P.C. before the Threshold update.

To make matters worse, as of Threshold-2, you can no longer report Edge issues, unless you've set up a Microsoft account.
    -Allen

EDIT TO ADD: Regarding item #2 above. After Threshold-2 two installed, it brought in a new Brother Print Driver, which reset my printer to it's default print output quality, which is "Normal". I changed it back to "Draft" in Devices/Printers and now EDGE is defaulting to "Draft" with each print job, like it should. Something to keep in mind if your printer output quality mysteriously changes to NORMAL, if you've previously set it to DRAFT.

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printing Issues

1. Printing Issues - Similar Threads - Printing Issues

2. Print issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print issues in Windows 10: Split from this thread. I also have the same issue and no updates have fixed this yet. It is very frustrating. any idea when this will be fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-issues-in-windows-10/9e6756b1-de4f-4427-ba47-20269d824c41
  3. Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update

Print Spooler Issue after 10/4/2019 Update: After this most recent update to fix a spooler issue, I now have a spooler issue. I have gone in and restarted it, only to have it turn itself off after 2 tries. I've cleared all of the temp printer files (C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS), which didn't help at all. I...
  4. Printing issues with HP Laser Jet after 10/3/19 Windows update

Printing issues with HP Laser Jet after 10/3/19 Windows update: After yesterday's Window's update I cannot print from Office applications on my HP Laser Jet printer. My other printer works OK. It was printing before the update. When I try to print from Word nothing happens, nothing in the printer queue. Excel I get a "Out of Memory"...
  5. Windows 10 printing error problem issue -SOLUTION FOUND-

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 printing error problem issue -SOLUTION FOUND-: I want to share the solution I found after many hours of work to solve the problem with windows 10 x64 pro printing with photoshop and microsoft word, excel crash I saw many people have this issue, I hope I can help them all. I'd like to hear from you guys if the solution I...
  6. Print Preview issue

Print Preview issue: Under the Printer Settings for my HP printer, I used to be able to keep Print Preview turned on (permentently), and then it would show me a preview (no matter what program I was printing from) once I pressed the print button, but before it came out of the printer. It wasn't...
  7. Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

Printing issues pre-1903 after security update: Hi, We rolled out the 'CVE-2019-1367' security update last night and have had multiple reports of users being unable to print on Windows versions pre-1903. We are unable to roll the update back due to security concerns and are hesitant to run a feature update as the only...
  8. cannon G3411 printing issues

cannon G3411 printing issues: Hi my Cannon G3411 printer does not want to print colour. Can anyone assist plse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannon-g3411-printing-issues/3b058dcf-9803-4f08-8692-dc2455acd1e6
  9. Print & Scan Issues (Windows 10)

Print & Scan Issues (Windows 10): I recently replaced laptop and am now running Windows 10 (Home). I connected to my existing HP Scanner / Fax / Printer and am having quality issues... I am having letters randomly missing in the document. If I print directly the letters are missing... If I print from...
  10. Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued: I have a workstation that will not print to an HP M452nw over the network. If I try and print a test page, it errors. If I try and print from notepad, I get an error that says: StartDocPrinter Call was not issued. I have tried what was suggested in this article:...