Windows 10: Printing multiple JPGs as a single PDF - how to control sequence?

Discus and support Printing multiple JPGs as a single PDF - how to control sequence? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to combine multiple JPGs into a single PDF, and am using the Microsoft Print To PDF function to do this. Despite selecting a sort order for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itm, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ITM
    itm Win User

Printing multiple JPGs as a single PDF - how to control sequence?

I want to combine multiple JPGs into a single PDF, and am using the Microsoft Print To PDF function to do this. Despite selecting a sort order for the JPGs, the PDF always prints them out of order. For example, if the JPGs are sequenced A,B,C the PDF will print them in C,A,B order.
    Following a tip elsewhere I tried changing the properties of the Microsoft PDF printer to "start printing after last page is spooled", but it made no difference.
    How can I control the order in which the JPGs are printed to the PDF?

:)

2. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 13, 2019
  3. AnitaK_19 Win User
    Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi yall,

I've tried multiple times to print a bunch of pics to a single PDF by selecting them all (Ctrl-A) and right-clicking them and printing them to PDF. My problem is that the printing process does not keep the pics in sequence. I tried multiple times and there
    is a new sequence each time. Help me out guys. Thanks in advance!!!

AnitaK_19, Feb 13, 2019
  4. epeleg Win User

controling page order when printing multiple jpgs to pdf windws 10

I have 4 jpg images that I want to combine into a single pdf.

This can be done in windows 10 by selecting the files in the explorer and choosing print using the Microsoft pdf printer as explained here

Does anyone know what controls the order by which it decides to add the images to the pdf?

epeleg, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Printing multiple JPGs as a single PDF - how to control sequence? - Similar Threads - Printing multiple JPGs

2. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to print single side: When I print, I get double-sided pages. How set Word to print single-sided?[Original Title: Printing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-single-side/f25c34f8-9293-499f-80bc-a4a1a055bd24
  3. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to print single side: When I print, I get double-sided pages. How set Word to print single-sided?[Original Title: Printing] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-single-side/f25c34f8-9293-499f-80bc-a4a1a055bd24
  4. How to print single side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Multiple photos will not print on single page from Photos/Print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple photos will not print on single page from Photos/Print.: Multiple photos will not print on single page from Photos/Print. A single photo one from the same array will print even at an 8x10 size. I have tried the same process on different printers and different computers, all with the same results. I have been trying to print four...
  6. Printing jpgs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing jpgs: I cannot get two 4x6 pics to a page to print from my Canon MX922 anymore. I have done this in the past. I can select multiple files and select to print two 4x6 pics per page and now it prints the left and right sides of the pics but leaves a white blank space throughout the...
  7. microsoft print to pdf can't print to one single file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft print to pdf can't print to one single file: I selected multiple pdf files, then right click to print them to pdf. I assume only one windows would come out to save one file containing all the selected pdf. However, Multiple windows come out asking me to save the pdf files separately. I just want one file at the end....
  8. printing on multiple paper sizes on 1 pdf

printing on multiple paper sizes on 1 pdf: I am having trouble in my printer properties /device settings, under paper source settings. I do not find how to select legal for paper size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-on-multiple-paper-sizes-on-1-pdf/377670a5-192c-451a-af73-d56e85879a45
  9. Viewing multiple jpgs at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing multiple jpgs at once: In windows 7 I could click on one jpg and it would open with options to open all jpgs in the one screen. That doesn't happen in windows 10. I can only see one jpg at a time. I can select Extra Large Icons to view all files in the folder but that's not the same. It shows non...
  10. scan multiple pages into a single PDF

scan multiple pages into a single PDF: I have installed a HP 2545 printer scanner but cannot scan multiple pages into one PDF document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scan-multiple-pages-into-a-single-pdf/4f94c490-9a49-4104-9ed9-8d053b8f98b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows jpg print to pdf control sequence

2. print multiple jpgs to pdf

3. how to control order of pages in print to pdf