Windows 10: Printing: not a problem-just curious

Discus and support Printing: not a problem-just curious in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My hp 3050 j610 series printer is connected by wireless home network to 2 laptops. Although I can print from either laptop without any problem when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crawford49, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Printing: not a problem-just curious

My hp 3050 j610 series printer is connected by wireless home network to 2 laptops. Although I can print from either laptop without any problem when I go into Settings>Printers both laptops show the printer as Default (correctly) but "not connected " which is obviously not true as I can print anything from either laptop without difficulty. As I said above, this is not a problem, but I can't help wondering what is causing laptops to give out wrong message. Anybody else come across this anomaly?

:)

Crawford49, Dec 2, 2019
  2. kthr33 Win User

Not a problem - Just curious

Windows 10, Dell desktop PC. A couple years back we purchased a Lanier copier. The Gent brought it in, installed it, and configured each system in our network to access it. Every time we clicked 'Print' we would select 'Lanier' from the list. Sometime
    during this past December - January, after a W10 update, the Lanier disappeared from the list on each system in our network and a Ricoh was added. Now when we wish to print we have to select Ricoh from the list and the print comes out on our Lanier. Is that
    the way it's sposed to work? Just curious. - everything still works fine. Thanks, K.

kthr33, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Printing: not a problem-just curious

PDF Printing Problem With Edge

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you try to print?
    • What happens when you try to print?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open the PDF file which you want to print.
    • Click on the Ellipses which is at the top right hand corner of the Edge Browser.
    • Select Print option and then click ok.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Printing: not a problem-just curious

1. Printing: not a problem-just curious - Similar Threads - Printing problem curious

2. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  3. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  4. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pre Boot Menu - Just Curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Pre Boot Menu - Just Curious: Just trying to see if there is any rhyme or reason to what I'm seeing. The attached image is not what my pre boot menu actually looks like. That's because at that point in the boot process its impossible to take a screen grab, so I found this image on line. In mine, the top...
  6. I am just curious about these.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am just curious about these.: I. Why did MS said to love Linux? In my opinion, they just said it to migrate to Linux to Windows because of WSL, and make them buy their products, than simply love open source. I used WSL, but things like Libre is slow, but MS office 2010 is faster. I have used other ones,...
  7. just curious

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  8. just curious

in Windows 10 Support
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  9. Just curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Just curious: When Windows 10 is installed on a computer that already has another version of Windows(7,8.1) is the original version completely uninstalled? 112975
  10. Just a curious observation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just a curious observation.: Dell laptop running Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Acer laptop running Win 10 Home RTM I am used to set the date in this format.................. eg. 2/28/2016............M/d/yyyy My Acer has different formats which do not allow me to do that. It does not have M/d/yyyy...