Windows 10: printing/opening downloads

Discus and support printing/opening downloads in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; im in the army and frequently need to go online and print out documents. I bought this laptop and printer and had no problem at all doing it. now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrandonCampbell1327, Dec 2, 2019.

1. printing/opening downloads

im in the army and frequently need to go online and print out documents. I bought this laptop and printer and had no problem at all doing it. now, every time I try to download and open a document, it doesn't open. it stays in my downloads but when I open it in word, it comes up just a bunch of gibberish and symbols. I even factory reset my laptop. this was the only reason I bought this laptop and now it doesn't work. pls help.

:)

BrandonCampbell1327, Dec 2, 2019
  2. JanetH09 Win User

Print a download

I download a document from my email.(using crome) I open the download. Try to print and it asks how to open -internet ex. or notepad or windows media,paint etc. none of these work. I go to microsoft edge and open my list of downloads and select this
    download. again it asks how to open with same list. How do I open to print?

JanetH09, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 2, 2019
  4. printing/opening downloads

Microsoft Edge "Print Email" not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to make sure that you made the following settings and check if you are able to print.

Step 1:

• Open MS Edge and click on more actions [...]

• Click on Settings and select
      Print

• Choose your printer from the list and check if you are able to print.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

printing/opening downloads

1. printing/opening downloads - Similar Threads - printing opening downloads

2. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  3. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  4. Print queue doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print queue doesn't open.: Hi!I found out this issue when I was printing a document.In printer settings when I click on the "Open print queue" button, it displays this message:I cannot even find the compatible "app" in the Microsoft Store.Doesn't it come built-in with the OS?What shall I do to bring it...
  5. Print queue doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print queue doesn't open.: Hi!I found out this issue when I was printing a document.In printer settings when I click on the "Open print queue" button, it displays this message:I cannot even find the compatible "app" in the Microsoft Store.Doesn't it come built-in with the OS?What shall I do to bring it...
  6. Downloads are not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads are not opening: So for the past two weeks or so when i download things from the internet instead of opening they just open internet explorer and ask if i want to save or open. It doesnt matter which browser i use to download something as it happens with all of them. How can i fix this?...
  7. suddenly unable to open and print pdf download of today

suddenly unable to open and print pdf download of today: An important tax document from bank cannot now be opened and printed from edge nor IE11 browsers. PDF printer shows as current in devices/printers. Older downloads/documents open and print ok. Any suggestions?desktop HP pc - windows 10 - v. 2004 - os19041.685 - edge...
  8. download and print

in Windows 10 Customization
    download and print: I downloaded a form and opened it to print. The format was just a 50+ page series of letters, symbols, and numbers? I have very little knowledge of this type of thing. I am using a new laptop. Acer Aspire 5. and I am just learning Windows 10. I need to have this form in...
  9. PRINTING A DOWNLOADED FILE

PRINTING A DOWNLOADED FILE: AFTER DOWNLOADING A FILE AND TRYING TO PRINT IT, WHAT CAME UP ON THE SCREEN WAS IN PROGRAMING CODE. HOW DO I GET THE FILE IN A READABLE FORM? jOHN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-a-downloaded-file/df00448d-7df9-4efb-948d-1f6644130240"
  10. downloads will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloads will not open: downloads will not install {just normal type} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-will-not-open/eac5674d-424b-4ba2-8319-8f997b836f70

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web mont01 mail mil owa