Windows 10: Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

Discus and support Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've come across an issue that I cannot seem to find a resolution to. When printing from Windows 10 default pdf Edge and photo viewer, if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ccolemanalt, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

Hi,

I've come across an issue that I cannot seem to find a resolution to. When printing from Windows 10 default pdf Edge and photo viewer, if you increase the copy numbers, they will jump around. I've been researching it but I have yet to find an answer and I hope someone here will have one. If I change the default pdf viewer to Adobe Reader, there is no issue. Same if I change the default photo viewer to irfran view. Anyone have any solutions?

Since a screenshot can't capture the issue, here is a link to a screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p23kailvrcxpso4/AAB7thk7ef9gBDhWbHy5dzZ8a?dl=0

Windows 10 v2004 OS build 19041.450

:)

ccolemanalt, Aug 28, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 28, 2020
  3. PDF won't print

Hi Bruce,

A software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to print PDF files. Since you've mentioned that you're able to print other files, it's possible that the PDF reader app that you're using is outdated or corrupted. We'd like to know a few
    things so we can better address your concern.

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to print PDF files?
    • How are you trying to print PDF files?
    • What's the default printer set up on your computer?

Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue a6501034-63b8-47bc-81bc-c7cb3da2274a?upload=true.png

In the meantime, for us to troubleshoot your printing issue, we suggest updating the PDF reader app that you're using. We also suggest updating your printer driver. To so do, refer to the steps provided on this
    link. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

1. Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue - Similar Threads - Printing pdf photos

2. printing pdf issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printing pdf issues: i cannot get my canon printer to print pdf documents on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-pdf-issues/8f4b1ef7-bcb4-4948-95c7-df4fc57c4aa5
  3. printing pdf issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printing pdf issues: i cannot get my canon printer to print pdf documents on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-pdf-issues/8f4b1ef7-bcb4-4948-95c7-df4fc57c4aa5
  4. Issue printing with photo app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue printing with photo app in windows 10: I'm trying to print a photo from Windows 10 phot app and it keeps cutting off the front half of the image. Tried turning paper around in printer, changed landscape and portrait, etc. Still cuts it off. Also when I tell the driver to print directly to the printer nothing...
  5. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  6. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  7. PDF printing issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF printing issues: Can't print pdf files unless I save first why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-printing-issues/1ffefc88-c282-42ab-962d-7717dff20427
  8. Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App: When I try to "print" a pdf file from Photos, Adobe Acrobat XI freezes and the file is not created. I've tried other apps eg, MS Word and Chrome and they all create the file as expected. So, I don't think the problem is with Acrobat or Windows. Confusingly, a few times the...
  9. microsoft print to PDF issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft print to PDF issue: had previous consult- this number may represent case #1487426895. I cannot repair or reinstall driver for Microsfot print to PDF. the box is checked in control panel, programs, turn on features, but when I try to select manufacturer "Microsoft" ythere is no driver for Print...
  10. PDF Print window defaults to Landscape

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PDF Print window defaults to Landscape: A few months ago this problem arose. When I go to print a PDF file, the print window defaults to Landscape. Almost all my documents are in portrait view. I cannot find any setting in the print window that lets me set the default setting to portrait. This seems...