Windows 10: printing problem Win 10 15002 and Brother HL-5150D

Discus and support printing problem Win 10 15002 and Brother HL-5150D in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently re-entered the Insider program with 15002 X64. (Clean install.) I have an old Brother Hl_5150D monochrome laser printer. (It's old enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobkn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bobkn Win User

printing problem Win 10 15002 and Brother HL-5150D

I recently re-entered the Insider program with 15002 X64. (Clean install.)

I have an old Brother Hl_5150D monochrome laser printer. (It's old enough that it has a parallel port interface as well as a USB one.) It printed properly under 14393.693*and before. Under 15002, a test print just gives the graphic at the upper*right of the page and a horizontal line or two. No text. I messed around with drivers, but they all performed the same.

Any suggestions (other than "retire the printer")?

(Mods: Thanks for moving this. This is probably entirely a driver issue.)

:)

bobkn, Jan 12, 2017

2. Brother HL-5150D series - Error 0x80070005 with Windows 10

Always the same message after update:

Brother HL-5150D series - Erreur 0x80070005

And Brother doesn't answer. And Microsoft, and Ratandeep?

Need help!

Thanks.

quentinmetsys, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Brother printer not working nor visable after Windows 10 Upgrade

My Windows 10 updated last night. Up until this morning my Brother HL-5150D printer worked with out problems (although I had to re-install the drivers when I first upgraded to Windows 10).

Now not only will the printer not work, but is also not visible to the computer. I have delete and installed the drivers manually but to no avail. The printer connections have not been moved from their LPT1 port and the computer and printer have been rebooted
    on several occasions. Any attempt gets a "Your printer has a error message" and the document sits in the print queue.

Help, I have work to get out urgently.

MartinTree, Jan 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 12, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    It didn't.

I also tried the most recent driver package (for Vista). No go.

I also have a Brother HL-3070CW (color laser w/wireless). The downloadable driver package gave pretty much the same symptoms as for the HL-5150D. The Windows/Windows Update drivers work. I haven't tried to find drivers that are for the Brother PostScript emulator, but I can live without that.

I haven't contacted Brother support. If they have positive advice for 15002, I'd be very surprised. Maybe I'll give it a try, if only for my own amusement.

bobkn, Jan 13, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    It's back to 14393.693. I'm willing to do a fair amount of putzing around with drivers to get them to work, but my tolerance for frustration is finite.

Brother's driver support for old hardware seems to be good, so things may well be fine in April.

bobkn, Jan 14, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    Back on 15007 today.

Someone obligingly made an ISO available for download, so I was able to do a clean install.

I used the Brother printer installation packages for Win 10 again.

Magic. Everything seems to work OK.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing breaks with the insider updates through the release version in April.

bobkn, Jan 17, 2017
  8. csg41 Win User

Set the printer properties to print directly to the printer and it should work again.

csg41, Jan 27, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    Nope. That's the way I already had them configured. The printers print, but without any text.

I tried 15014. It worked initially, but after a day or two it ended up in the same state.

I've prepared a 15019 .ISO, but I'm afraid to use it.

bobkn, Jan 28, 2017
  10. csg41 Win User
    That's surprising because I had to set it to print directly to the printer to make it work for both 15014 and 15019. I was not getting any text - just graphics. You can also go to the Brother site and download the uninstall routine to completely remove the drivers and then download and install the Win 7 package for your printer. That will run on 15014/15019 - I did that, too, and also had to set it again to print directly to the printer after installing the Win 7 package.

The uninstall routine you need is delinf_10260.exe - download the Win 10 64 bit, assuming you have 64 bit and run it before installing the Win 7 package.

csg41, Jan 28, 2017
  11. bobkn Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion (delinf_10260.exe). I haven't kept a log of what I tried and when, but that was one of the things I have already tried. (Don't recall which of the 150XX builds I used it on.) It reported a successful removal of drivers.

bobkn, Jan 28, 2017
  12. csg41 Win User
    I had exactly the same problem(s) as you - worked for a couple of days and then stopped - happened twice - until I did what I suggested - don't think the ISO will help - definitely a driver issue with 15XXX - don't be shy about using the WIN 7 installer - it works and runs - if you have it from a previous lifetime already on the machine you will have to uninstall using the Control Panel, Revo, etc. before re-installing it - the delinf uninstall routine only uninstalls the drivers not the Brother Control Panel part - you need to start clean and it should solve it - remember what you did so that you can do it again, if necessary, next week....hopefully all you will have to do again after the next update is to make sure things are set to print directly to the printer - it's likely that it will be re-set to spool after the next update.Good luck and just trying to help.

csg41, Jan 28, 2017
  13. bobkn Win User

In case I haven't sounded appreciative, let me assure you that I am grateful for your help. I haven't done a good job of communicating the stuff I have already tried.

In another thread, a poster suggested that turning off "enable advanced printing features" in the Advanced tab of Printer Properties would fix the issue. I have little understanding of what that does, but I'll give it a try if I return to 150XX.

bobkn, Jan 29, 2017
  14. bobkn Win User
    Tried 15019 today. Like some of the earlier 150XX builds, the printers worked normally initially, but after some time (and software installations), I got graphics only for a printer test page.

Turning off "enable advanced printing features" gives me text again. I'll have to see whether I lose anything I'd miss from that.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. printing problem Win 10 15002 and Brother HL-5150D - Similar Threads - printing problem 15002

2. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220: Just installed my new printer and I can't access the preferences and settings for it without switching the Microsoft IPP driver to the Brother print driver, however if I change the driver setting it gives me an error and fails to print....
  3. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220: Just installed my new printer and I can't access the preferences and settings for it without switching the Microsoft IPP driver to the Brother print driver, however if I change the driver setting it gives me an error and fails to print....
  4. Can't print at 2400dpi on Brother HL-L3220

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  6. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print: I suddenly cannot print anything. I last printed day before yesterday.Printing from MS Office does not work.Test page will not print. The files go to the spooler but eventually their status turns to error.Ran the printing trouble shooter that indicates there is a problem but...
  7. Brother HL-2240 Windows 10 printer will not print

8. Driver for Brother HL-1430 Win 10

Driver for Brother HL-1430 Win 10: I have had a harddisk crasch. I had another hardisk where I installed a new version of Windows 10. Everything went well untilI tryed to find my printer. An old Brother HL-1430. Everytime I tried to add a printer I got a message saying:Support for USB-printingNo driver...
  9. Brother HL-2170W Laser printer won't print on Win 10

Brother HL-2170W Laser printer won't print on Win 10: I have a Brother HL-2170W Laser printer and a new Windows 10 installation. I downloaded the appropriate Brother installation page and installed the printer. It worked fine,. Later I noticed that I had two printer installations, HL-2170W and HL-2170W Copy 1. I removed the...
  10. Brother HL-3180CDW

Brother HL-3180CDW: Windows defender blocks my scans, cant save them or email. it worked fine when we had windows 7. Updated to windows 10 windows version 1803 (OS build 1734.228). Only need this feature about once a year. That's why now. PS: try windows scan and fax it worked but the...