Windows 10: Printing problems after Windows update

Discus and support Printing problems after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why did my HP Envy 5540 stop printing in color after Windows update a couple months ago, and now, won't even print in black. Just faded imagines on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TLShearer, Apr 4, 2021.

1. TLShearer Win User

Printing problems after Windows update

Why did my HP Envy 5540 stop printing in color after Windows update a couple months ago, and now, won't even print in black. Just faded imagines on paper.

Put new cartridges in it; ran all HP diagnostics available.

Ran Windows troubleshooting -- which found no issues.

I'm not a tech wiz and don't have the time or energy to keep trying to figure out what Microsoft screwed up...again! I also can't afford to keep wasting ink and paper.

A simple answer would be great!

:)

TLShearer, Apr 4, 2021

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 4, 2021
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    [Suejin], Apr 4, 2021
  4. Printing problems after Windows update

Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Printing problems after Windows update

1. Printing problems after Windows update - Similar Threads - Printing problems update

2. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  3. Printing problems after latest 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing problems after latest 11 update: Adobe photo software lightroom and Photoshop will only print top portion of photo on either canon pro 10 or canon TS9520 printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-latest-11-update/5899dfce-cfa7-4930-aafd-74089e81f76e
  4. Network Printing Problem After KB5006746 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printing Problem After KB5006746 Update: I updated my computer yesterday. after that computer not connect another computer's printer. Network Sharing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printing-problem-after-kb5006746-update/58814e09-db62-4066-8e53-9fa907d259ad
  5. Network Printing Problem After KB5006746 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Printing Problem After KB5006746 Update: I updated my computer yesterday. after that computer not connect another computer's printer. Network Sharing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printing-problem-after-kb5006746-update/58814e09-db62-4066-8e53-9fa907d259ad
  6. printing problems after windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problems after windows update?: since the latest update I am unable to print from any source. Each time I try to print, I get a blue error screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problems-after-windows-update/95f24350-f49e-437a-8ca5-4cbb80fbc8da
  7. Print problems after Windows 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print problems after Windows 20H2 update: I have a HP laserjet P1102w wireless printer which was printing fine before the update but now I cannot print at all even to PDF. I have a HP laserjet P1102w printer which worked fine wirelessly or with cable before the update yesterday but now I cannot print at all even to...
  8. Printing Problems After Windows 10 Updates

Printing Problems After Windows 10 Updates: My Printer HP LaserJet P1505 prints reduced size of a page: the left and bottom margins are increased, despite the preview of the page is normal. I reinstalled the printer using Support HP, but it did not help. Until updating to the last version 20H2 of Windows 10 in last...
  9. printing problems after windows 10 updates

printing problems after windows 10 updates: unable to print from a Brother's MFC-7820N printer since Windows updates were installed on 06/12/2020. Print spooler program keeps stopping even though I have gone into Services.msc and manually started it with the automatic start option turned on. Have installed KB4567512...
  10. printing problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printing problem after update: after a windows 10 update my laptop will no longer print or email. It is not the printer since I can print from my desktop. I thought it was a QuickBooks problem but they troubleshooted and found no errors. They told me it was a Microsoft problem....